Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which of 2014's Comics-Based Movies Are You Most Excited For?

Which of 2014's Comics-Based Movies Are You Most Ecited For?

2014 is set to be another big year for movies based on comic books - which one are you most looking forward to?

Vote on the poll here.

While I'm eager to see what Guardians of the Galaxy and Amazing Spider-Man 2 will end up like, I have to say I'm really excited to see how The Winter Soldier turns out.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Winter Soldier, Then ASM2, Then Guardians, then Days

Captain America by far. And I'm not even a big Cap fan, but the trailer looks great, the story sounds good. And it's got a great cast.

Low expectations for all the other films

Winter Soldier hands down.

X-Men Days of Future Past is second.

I am still on the fence about Guardians.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Cap and GOTG for sure.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Why can't Michael Bay just die? I'll settle for amnesia, or just going deaf and blind. He can't direct things like that right? He can hardly direct already.
    Last edited by A_Nominus; 01-14-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Toss up between Captain America: Winter Soldier and X-Men: Days of Future Past for me. Maybe it's because I had zero expectations going in, but I thought the first Captain America is one of the best, most enjoyable films Marvel has released alongside The Avengers.
    "Gargantua, stop! We're... friends!"
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Why can't Michael Bay just die? I'll settle for amnesia, or just going deaf and blind. He can't direct things like that right? He can hardly direct already.
    Let your weird, nerdly rage be soothed by the fact that he isn't directing TMNT.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

1. The Amazing Spider-Man
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm not feeling Singer's Fox-Men.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    Let your weird, nerdly rage be soothed by the fact that he isn't directing TMNT.
    Ah, guess I just made the assumption since all the updates for it on this site tend to come from his twitter account. Well that's a plus at least.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    2. X-Men: Days of Future Past

Moderately interested in Guardians but not enough to venture to a theater to see it. No interest in Spider-Man.
    Be all you can be.

Guardians, DOFP then Winter Soldier. No interest in Spider-Man either.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    He's still the executive producer,
    still made the Turtles into aliens
    still made April and Casey into the main characters (instead of the Turtles)
    still allowed (or wrote?) that crappy original script
    still hired Megan Fox to play April.

He was able to get away with his crap Transformers cuz most kids these days don't know the original. The studio has already backtracked once due to the overwhelming fan response to what he's tried so far with the Turtles. Let's just hope that they backtracked enough, because I would love to see a great Turtles movie.

The current Nicktoon and the comic are both amazing and the fans love them.

ASM2 and Winter Soldier are sort of tied in first place. Huge Spider-Man fan and given that the first film was having to compete with the aftermath of both Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, it was still such a great flick, and the chemistry between Garfield and Stone in one film was ten times better than three mumbling attempts with Maguire and Dunst (and this is coming from an MJ fan). Winter Soldier is taking Cap in a new direction, taking the best elements of SHIELD and of course adapting pretty well one of the best Cap stories of all time. So excited for that one too.

I want to see Guardians in a trailer before I decide anything. Same with the animated Big Hero Six.

DOFP is something I want to see be awesome because First Class and The Wolverine were great comebacks for the X-Men series after Last Stand and Origins, but the sheer cast size and yet evident reliance on certain characters is worryingly similar to Last Stand. But if done well it could be Fox's Avengers, so I will be on the fence I think for now.

Anyway, 2014 is a great year for films full stop.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.