Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Loeb Adds Action & Blood To Marvel Knights' "Wolverine Vs. Sabretooth"

Jeph Loeb & Simone Bianchi's shocking "Wolverine" arc comes to life in a new Marvel Knights DVD and the writer tells CBR how it fits into the bigger animated picture.

Full article here.

Wolvie looks like Batman in that thumbnail...

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I think part of his appeal has always been that he sorta looks like Batman.

But rofl, I guess Loeb's animation ties got this one through because it's the worst story ever and no one wants to see it again.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Time Displaced Victim Anotherdae's Avatar

I hate this faux animation

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Interestingly, the film comes out on DVD but not iTunes or any other service. So we are forced to overpay for something we'll watch… once?

I still dont get. The Sabretooth who is alive now, is a clone or is the real one? The who Wolverine killed with the muramasa sword? a clone? The real one?

I definitely thought Keaton Batman as drawn by Simone Bianchi.

Also, this particular story being adapted really does scream using his influence.

Hopefully Wacker is being put in a high ranking position at Marvel Animation. They need a new way of doing things. Loeb's isn't it, imo. The approach to their characters is too dumbed down.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I'm just confused over why these Marvel Knights Animations nearly always seem to be Wolverine or X-Men centric - since the second round of releases started we've had Origin, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk, Weapon X and now Wolverine vs Sabretooth. 4 of six animations involving Wolverine outside Inhumans and Eternals. Why not animate a Spider-Man story or a Captain America one, heck even a Marvel event like Civil War or Siege? Are the actual animation companies so busy with the on-going kiddie stuff these days?
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.

Argh... Why? Who the hell buys these pos? Forget that. I guess making these is dirt cheap compared to actual animation and there must be a nice bunch of mor.... I mean dedicated, enthusiastic fans who buy these works of art.
    "Corruptus In Extremis"

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Also, this particular story being adapted really does scream using his influence.
    Or perhaps it was just someone trying to kiss his ass and he said "sure, why not?".

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Hopefully Wacker is being put in a high ranking position at Marvel Animation. They need a new way of doing things. Loeb's isn't it, imo. The approach to their characters is too dumbed down.
    It could be simply Disney's approach rather than Loeb's. In which case it doesn't matter who's in charge at MA.
    "Corruptus In Extremis"

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"

Quote Originally Posted by Crist_Freak View Post
    I still dont get. The Sabretooth who is alive now, is a clone or is the real one? The who Wolverine killed with the muramasa sword? a clone? The real one?
    the original Sabretooth is dead, the one around currently is a Sinister/Marauder clone. After Wolverine ran into the clone he went back to Sabretooth's grave site and his body was still there to confirm it was a clone. But for all intents and purposes you might as well treat the new clone Sabretooth as the original cause I doubt anyone will reference any of that stuff.
    Comics: Avengers Assemble, Batwing, Catwoman, Captain Marvel, Green Arrow, Mighty & New Avengers, Red Sonja, Supergirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, Uncanny Avengers, World's Finest

I hope that they eventually get around to some Black Panther arcs again.

Quote Originally Posted by AriaMournesong View Post
    the original Sabretooth is dead, the one around currently is a Sinister/Marauder clone. After Wolverine ran into the clone he went back to Sabretooth's grave site and his body was still there to confirm it was a clone. But for all intents and purposes you might as well treat the new clone Sabretooth as the original cause I doubt anyone will reference any of that stuff.
    I don't actually read any wolverine solos so i'm just going by wikipedia but there it says the one which was killed was a clone and the real one wolverine found at a weapon x facility. If this is inaccurate someone with the actual issues should fix wikipedia.

Also in regards to the DVD. In my opinion everything Loeb touches is shit and this looks like it'll be no different.

[Laughs] That'd be great! We tell stories to get people excited, and I think Simone's artwork in the death scene is shocking. It's particularly shocking when you've got it brought to life. One of the things that [Marvel Publisher] Dan Buckley talked about when he first looked at the animated version of "Iron Man" story by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov was that that story was the first time there were exit wounds on screen. It's pretty fantastic when you find yourself going, "Wow. There's blood sprayed in this!" And there's no shortage of that in "Wolverine Vs. Sabretooth!" [Laughs] When it's in the comic, you're not as stunned by it because it's not moving at you. But when it moves, you're really aware of the level of action.
    This speaks volumes on the current Marvel publishing and animation regimes thought process. They are impressed by seeing "exit wounds" on screen and blood spraying when they kind of thing has been done numerous times in anime for a few decades and in a few American made animated movies and TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherdae View Post
    I hate this faux animation
    When done right with a decent budget and a competent animation crew and studio, the animation for a motion comic can look pretty damn good for a motion comic. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the BLACK PANTHER motion comic is the perfect example of how to do a nice looking motion comic (in regards to animation).

The WOLVERINE VS SABRETOOTH motion comic is the perfect example of how NOT to do a motion comic.