Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Knights Of The Old Republic was a tie-in/prequel to the very popular KotOR games from Bioware and Obsidian.

The thing is... Solo books starring black guys simply don't do very well.
    How badly did Shatterpoint do? Mace Windu's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    That was a prose novel. Different medium, different industry, different everything.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    That was a prose novel. Different medium, different industry, different everything.
    SNOB! What's wrong with prose?

*glove slap*

Ow...

Nothing. It's just not comics, so its sales don't really say anything about how well a Lando Calrissian comic would do.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Not a clue. Wasn't a comic though but a novel. That's a whole different and far wider target audience.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Shikidum View Post
    If the reason non-blacks don't but its because of being unfamiliar with african-american culture that's not a problem cause it's in the postracial/preracial far far away past.
    Come again?

I'm not being a jerk here, but I don't understand what you're trying to convey in this post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Barlow View Post
    Dustin is not the reason S.H.I.E.L.D. is so late.
    I heard his health issues were partially to blame, but I wouldn't put it past Hickman. At this point, I just would love to see that series finished.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Hickman.
    Does he have a reputation for being late? His 3 Avengers books always seem to be on schedule...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    I heard his health issues were partially to blame, but I wouldn't put it past Hickman. At this point, I just would love to see that series finished.
    Mostly its because Marvel has kept Weaver busy working on other high profile projects that they give a higher priority to than finishing the SHIELD mini. Same with Hickman. Finish a moderate selling SHIELD mini or use these guys on top tier titles and event books-which will net Marvel more revenue? So for them, SHIELD could wait.

As for which Star Wars books Marvel will produce, a lot will depend on what Disney, Lucasfilm, and their special story council decide to do with the franchise, what they decide to promote and what they decide to sweep under the carpet. If they decide to focus on marketing the new characters from Ep VII and beyond, you will see comics featuring those, if they want to keep those characters for Saga movies only, then the comics will focus on classic or prequel trilogy characters most likely, and if they decide to use comics and books to expand the Star Wars universe outside the saga films, then and only then will you see new concepts in the comics. Marvel will not be the driving forces creatively, they will be part of the corporate cog of the Star Wars machine. Having the books at Marvel rather than Dark Horse just makes it easier for Lucasfilm/Disney to manage the brand.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by Shikidum View Post
    How? DH knew what was doing and i fail it see how it was hard to manage the franchise with them.
    Fewer lawyers and less tangled contracts, one would assume.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."