Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default 5 Marvel "Star Wars" Comics We Want to Read

With Marvel Comics gaining the Star Wars license in 2015, here are five ongoing series we want to see happen.

Full article here.

All-New Jaxxon.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Marvel response: "We're just producing 48-page one shot adaptations of the films for $4.99, and you're going to like it! Excelsior!"
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

Peter Milligan & Mike Allred's "Yoda/Doop"...or, as Yoda might call it, "Doop/Yoda".

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

A rethink of Dawn of the Jedi? No thank you.

Now Hickman and Weaver covering some of the history of the Star Wars universe? Sure. The problems with this concept are many though, my personal preferences aside. From the official press release, it sounds like Disney wants to focus on Movie characters, which makes sense. How could you cover that history with movie characters only?

We've seen a lot of Jedi and Sith teachings between the comics and the novels already. And too much politics.

S.H.I.E.L.D. had some really amazing/wonderful concepts; part of what made it work was the tweak of real life historical characters while fitting them into the Marvel universe. Now if Weaver could just deliver that art and finish the series, great.

Hickman and Weaver could be one of the very teams at Marvel who could do something decent with Star Wars; my expectations for Marvel Star Wars product is very low.

Not interested in other concepts listed.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I would read that Bounty Hunters comic.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

A Rouge Squadron comic by KSD would be pretty golden. In fact, all of these ideas are good. :)

None of these sound that enjoyable except the Bounty Hunter one and the Lando one. I've had my fill of the "OG characters" over the course of the last 35 years. I'd rather they focus more on peripheral characters that don't get the same amount of love that the main characters do.

I think I'm going to be one of those grumpy comic fans who says "none of them, the licence should have stayed with Dark Horse".
    That said, maybe if they actually aim to do something new/different with the franchise, like DH did with Legacy and KOTOR (and, arguably, X-Wing) and not just give us the continuing adventures of Luke, Leia and Han (which the books did with varying degrees of quality), I'd be there in a flash (although, I do love a good Han story).

Those are great ideas for Star Wars comics. I would like to see an anthology series or mini-series that would allow a large roster of creators to contribute stories.

They all seem like terrible ideas, except the first one.

On the other hand, I already read X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, and I liked it perfectly fine the first time around, and I can still read it whenever I want. I don't want need it rebooted.

Empire... I've read a ton of books from Dark Horse exactly like that. It's been done.

Lando Calrissian... Now this book I would love, but I doubt very much it'd go past 12 issues. Lando's hardly a fan-favourite character.

The Princess Leia Adventures... I have a bit of trouble imagining her as a rebellious teenager. Rebelling against the Empire, sure. That's how she was raised. Rebelling against her parents? Angst? Sorry, I don't see it.

Bounty Hunters... Works only if you forget everything you know about these characters.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

The heartbreaking story of the Max Rebo Band's quest for musical superstardom and decent into being Jabba's house band.

"You've changed. You USED to be about the music!"
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

These kinds of comics aren't really necessary if Disney keeps the current continuity. If they let JJ "Doesn't Play Well With Others" Abrams to jettison the current continuity, then these kinds of comics will definitely be needed to expand the new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    All-New Jaxxon.
    Cool lord knows it can be as bad as "Captain K'Rot"

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I would read that Bounty Hunters comic.
    HELL YES ! TAKE MY MONEY MARVEL !!

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    They all seem like terrible ideas, except the first one.

On the other hand, I already read X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, and I liked it perfectly fine the first time around, and I can still read it whenever I want. I don't want need it rebooted.

Empire... I've read a ton of books from Dark Horse exactly like that. It's been done.

Lando Calrissian... Now this book I would love, but I doubt very much it'd go past 12 issues. Lando's hardly a fan-favourite character.

The Princess Leia Adventures... I have a bit of trouble imagining her as a rebellious teenager. Rebelling against the Empire, sure. That's how she was raised. Rebelling against her parents? Angst? Sorry, I don't see it.

Bounty Hunters... Works only if you forget everything you know about these characters.
    What exactly do we really know about the bounty hunters except for Boba?

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    The heartbreaking story of the Max Rebo Band's quest for musical superstardom and decent into being Jabba's house band.

"You've changed. You USED to be about the music!"
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS sci fi behind the music !

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    What exactly do we really know about the bounty hunters except for Boba?
    We know a ton about each and everyone of them - Boba Fett, Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, 4-LOM and Zuckuss. We also know a lot about pretty much every character in the Cantina. Early writers expanded upon every single side character ever showcased in the movies (even ones that never even uttered a single word). Star Wars is a universe designed for continuity loving completest nerds by continuity loving completest nerds.
    Last edited by Scarlet-Batman; 01-13-2014 at 05:20 PM.