Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: All-New Invaders, #2

The theatre of war finds a strange new audience in your first look at ALL-NEW INVADERS #2, from the superstar creative team of James Robinson (STARMAN, EARTH 2) and Steve Pugh (ANIMAL MAN, GEN-X). As CAPTAIN AMERICA and THE INVADERS enter the cosmos in pursuit of intergalactic war criminals, the original HUMAN TORCH ignites once more! But the reunion may be short lived, as the Kree Empire unleashes the indomitable, the unbeatable, and the unstoppable TANALTH THE PURSUER on THE INVADERS. And with NAMOR trapped behind enemy lines, has the battlefield suddenly become a hunting ground? The unique re-teaming of history's greatest heroes takes a savage turn this February in ALL-NEW INVADERS #2!

Full article here.

I'm really not liking Guru eFX's coloring here.

I'll pass on All-New Invaders, with the fake Captain America.

I'll wait for the return of the All-Old Invaders, where Ol' Winghead actually has wings on his head, and his sidekick is Bucky, not Winter Soldier.

it's will be bi-weekly ?

Seems like some very unlikely couplings here. I wonder how the Invaders come to be assembled like this group, when Bucky is so reclusive, and Cap is so busy with his other Avengers work, that it hardly seems possible. But seeing Bucky and Cap in the same outfit, I never would have thought I'd pine for anything so archaic as Golden Age characters, but I do. I still remember the damage that the Human Torch and Namor did to New York when they had those twp epic battles before they came to an understanding. That was what it was like to have meta humans suddenly appear in your world, and wreck the joint. We put so little emphasis on these seminal characters, but after Brubakers treatment in Winter Soldier and then the Marvel Project, it breathed new life into a world we as readers missed by a decade or two. The Invaders vs the Avengers was a confusion of plot and too many characters. The artist for this rendition is a little low quality compared to Avengers artists, but it remains to be seen how well this story can be transported with the fuel it is given.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Earlewine View Post

I'll wait for the return of the All-Old Invaders, where Ol' Winghead actually has wings on his head, and his sidekick is Bucky, not Winter Soldier.

You might wanna invest in a time machine so you can travel back to the 1940's, then.

The colouring really doesn't mix well with Pugh's pencils. In fact, it makes his work look worse as a result.

I'm excited for this title. I'll buy anything with Winter Solider in it.

I think the art and coloring looks fantastic, but what do I know? hahahaha.
    I cannot wait!
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.---Hermann Hesse

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I think the art and coloring looks fantastic, but what do I know? hahahaha.
    I cannot wait!
    Same here! Loved the first issue, can't wait for this one.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

I actually like the colouring. Enjoyed the first issue and looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Earlewine View Post

calling him fake Cap is dumb he just changed his costume. you dont like it thats fine. and whats wrong with Winter Soldier? Hes still Bucky just older. I get feeling nostalgia but come on
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

I must confess, half the reason I want to see Thor involved in this storyline is not just because it makes sense, what with the Kree going after a device that could control him or his people and Cap being good buddies with him, not to mention being able to use his power against Tanalth...

it's just because, so soon after he saved the Kree from Builder domination in Infinity, it would be so fun if he got to totally quote Worf from ST:TNG and growl menacingly at some Kree figurehead that they have "No honor!".

Poor Bucky.

I can't think on anything more futile than shooting standard ammo at a Kree uber commando.

He might as well be throwing rocks at her.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

LOVE that Bucky page. Liked the first issue. Just really glad to have Bucky back in a monthly. His book was all kinds of awesome.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Joebleau View Post
    it's will be bi-weekly ?
    It seems like that, with #2 coming out tomorrow, but I'm guessing after these first two double shipped issues, All New Invaders will be monthly for the most part. Issue #3 won't come out till March 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Poor Bucky.

I can't think on anything more futile than shooting standard ammo at a Kree uber commando.

He might as well be throwing rocks at her.
    Are you sure he's using standard ammo?