Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: DC's "Secret Origins" & Tomasi's "Batman Vs. Bane" To Debut in April

April brings a new "Secret Origins" ongoing and a "Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman Vs. Bane" one-shot to DC's catalogue.

Full article here.

penetrator of things

wow who could have seen this coming
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.

I don't understand why people would want origin stories about characters like Superman, Supergirl, and Robin (Dick)...Not only are they well known, these stories have even been told in the New 52.

Kinda disapointing.

BANNED

Why is Bedard still receiving work? He doesn't have any distinctive skills at all!

Higgins is just okay at this point. The only one who gives me hope here is Pak.

Not a good way to start new series DC.

Anyone else think Batman Vs Bane would've been a good story arc for the meandering Batman And... title? I don't know, I just think a 6-issue story arc could do that confrontation better justice than a 40-page one-shot.

Bat-Bane is the best thing EVER!!

I look forward to May's issue of Secret Origins where we see the mysterious fate of Batman's parents! I wonder what's going to happen!?

Alright, so Arkham War gets an epilogue, but what about Rogues Rebellion and A.R.G.U.S.? I believe there's supposed to be a Flash Annual, which I could see being the epilogue to Rogues Rebellion as well as serving as the finale to Buccellato's run, but A.R.G.U.S. is different. I don't know, maybe that will be followed up on in Justice League of America?

I'm certainly not going to complain about Supergirl being in a #1 of a new series from DC. On the other hand... I'm pretty sure Kara and Kal's origins have already been told? I wonder what new stuff they can really add. Pak is adding a lot of detail of Superman's youth in Smallville to Action Comics already anyway. Are they both going to give us more Krypton backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Why is Bedard still receiving work? He doesn't have any distinctive skills at all!

Higgins is just okay at this point. The only one who gives me hope here is Pak.

Not a good way to start new series DC.
    And? DC knows they can get away with writers like Bedard as long as they have their popular characters on the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't understand why people would want origin stories about characters like Superman, Supergirl, and Robin (Dick)...Not only are they well known, these stories have even been told in the New 52.

Kinda disapointing.
    Did they say this ongoing was ONLY about them?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

How many origin story's are they going to make?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Did they say this ongoing was ONLY about them?
    No, but just that they need to rehash stuff for extra padding is dumb, why not try something new like give a character a solo series that hasn't had one? Instead we get a lame book with lame creators about stories that should have been told at the beginning of the New 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sissel View Post
    And? DC knows they can get away with writers like Bedard as long as they have their popular characters on the comic.
    Well, they could actually get even more sales with a better creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Kinda disapointing.
    1. There are new readers coming in all the time, and they'd like to see these stories without having to dig around for back issues.
    2. Those origins are sometimes told in bits and pieces over several books, whereas this will summarize it all in one place.
    3. A lot of people simply like reading origin stories.
    4. This is the first issue, so they are front-loading it in a lot of ways to make a bit splash.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.