Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NIGHTWING #27 Preview/Discussion

Who exactly is the Marionette? Even she doesn't know, beyond someone who's been royally screwed over by the Mad Hatter. Will Nightwing be able to help her unravel the mysteries of her life - or is she playing him for a sucker?
    (via [a href="http://www.craveonline.com/comics/previews/627897-exclusive-preview-nightwing-27" target="_blank"]CraveOnline[/a])

Full article here.

So will this be the last pre-Forever Evil Nightwing arc?

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I've been waiting for the book to touch on FE.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Nope. This arc ends in this issue, and then another two-issues arc as the last pre-FE Nightwing arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Nope. This arc ends in this issue, and then another two-issues arc as the last pre-FE Nightwing arc.
    /sigh

Of all the books that really should have a Forever Evil tie in, it is Nightwing!

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I'm enjoying the current arc, but it feels somewhat hollow. With Forever Evil currently running, it makes the story in Nightwing's book feel irrelevant to me. Like a look back instead of here is what is going on now. I'm more interested in an expansion of the FE status quo. On the one hand, good that the current stories weren't interrupted, but on the other, now they aren't really current at all. That seems like poor planning. Sorry for the bitch and moan session. haha
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

/sigh

Of all the books that really should have a Forever Evil tie in, it is Nightwing!
    The only role Nightwing has had in FE has been that of a punching bag and has been currently tied to a chair for more than half of the event. A tie-in for him wouldn't make any sense as Kyle would be extremely limited by what Geoff has in plan for the Richard.

I seriously felt like this issue was the definition of filler. Not good, not great, by no means bad, but not entertaining either. Art was good but it felt supremely average which was a disappointment because I really enjoyed the first Chicago arc. I had little empathy for marionette and Dick's outburst at his roommate made him sound like a spoiled little kid. While I appreciate the "reflective" Dick Grayson who realized that his roommate was having some issues, I initially thought that maybe he was thinking of Bruce and the "schism" following DOTF but I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Meh. It was alright. Though to be fair with FE, and whats happening there, its probably hard to not have this come off kind of hollow or fillerish.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2014 at 01:22 PM.

I think the climax definately could have been more.... well, climactic.

I'll say it again, I love Mali. In my opinion, she is the greatest new villain Higgins has given us. I hope to see her last as a nightwing rogue.

Higgins has captured dicks voice, but I do wish he co-plotted his stories with Snyder.

I will not miss Conrad one bit. The art was inconsistent to say the least. Not a fan of his faces. He has this sort of half realism/ half cartoon style that really just doesn't fit.

I'm interested to see where this jenn-discovers-nightwings-secret thing goes. I think it might've worked towards Joey finding out and being his Chicago Oracle. Maybe he would've even taken a day job with Wayne Enterprises: Chicago and gotten her a job there. Oh, what could'be been.

I'm also hoping Higgins can find a way to preserve this supporting cast somehow. Maybe use Joey's haxxor skills to fool the syndicate into thinking their dead.

Too fillerish with what we know is going on in Forever Evil.

Higgins has finally gotten Grayson's voice down but I still don't care about these supporting characters and Grayson still has no contact with the Bat Family or any other hero. Boring.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

I thought it was a good issue, solid. I guess people are a bit blah because of Forever Evil but if you don't think about it, it is a good issue.

I thought it was solid issue as well and it didn't really feel like filler to me. Then again I've not been keeping up with Forever Evil either so that could be why. I only know the bare bones of what's going on with that and I'm not following it monthly since I'm not really overly interested in the titles involved. I'll probably read it in trade later though.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Everything Nightwing that isn't Forever Evil at this point just seems like busy work.

Never thought I'd be more interested in him being tied to a chair than leaping around fighting bad guys. Perhaps because he's in a more interesting situation in FE. I guess Johns must be doing something right with that.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Looks like Higgins is officially off Nightwing after 29. He confirmed as much on twitter/Facebook.