Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Default Batgirl #27 Preview/Discussion

In this tale tying into "GOTHTOPIA," what kind of sick world pairs up Batgirl and the woman who tried to kill Jim Gordon - Knightfall?!

Full article here.

---

I'm already worried this is coming across like Batgirl #9 with the Owls Batman tie-in, or the DOTF Batman tie-in, in that the reason for the weird happiness is alluded to right at the start of the preview, but that nothing will get resolved in this issue at all. It feels like yet another filler crossover tie-in that doesn't stand on it's own, IMO. I hope to be proven wrong, but I feel like there will be no real ending this issue and we will only be told to go read some Batman comic for it to all make sense, yet again for the third time.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Is this book ever going to get a good artist?
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Well it did have Ed Benes for a hot minute, but yeah I get what your saying.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default BATGIRL #27 Preview/Discussion

In this tale tying into "GOTHTOPIA," what kind of sick world pairs up Batgirl and the woman who tried to kill Jim Gordon - Knightfall?!

Full article here.

The art's a bit of a let down.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I really like that white Batgirl costume, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Is this book ever going to get a good artist?
    We can start with a good writer in the present?

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I was never one of the "Simone is terrible" people anyway. Is it what I want from a Batgirl comic? No, but it was the art more than the writing that drove me away from this book.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

The art overall is meh. However, I do really like the design of that white Batgirl costume. It looks really good.

Yea it needs Benes back but I didn't mind Sampere either though.

T&A-obsessed Benes, no thank you. Get another artist that's good without resorting to that crap.

Yeah I would be happy with Sampere too, and Benes. But this particular artist doesn't distract me so I can live with it, shrug. The white batgirl design really looks awesome, and I adored how Strix and Canary looked in Detective #27 too. Have to say it, I would much prefer to live in Gothopia rather than Gotham too (lol).

"...Because in “Gothtopia,” Batgirl and Knightfall are known as Bluebelle and Daybreak, and instead of being adversaries, they save lives together. But is all not as perfect as it seems? Is there something fishy in the water, or is it in the Joker-Brand ice cream? Written by Gail Simone and illustrated by Robert Gill, BATGIRL #27 flies into stores this Wednesday."

Bluebelle?! Definite sign of an acid trip.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    Is there something fishy in the water, or is it in the Joker-Brand ice cream?
    Considering how many literally thousands of Gotham citizens the Joker has killed by poisoning over the years, if this in universe product is legit who in their right mind would go anywhere near it based on the image and name alone? I'd rather take my chances with a blind sushi chef who has a rare and highly contagious viral flu preparing a puffer fish for me with a rusty knife in a restaurant with multiple health code violations. I would think the odds would be in my greater favor in that circumstance, rather than with the JOKER ice cream.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 01-13-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Pull list:

Is this Gothtopia storyline going to be some kind of justification for the darkness of the New 52 Batbooks because the happiness is all an illusion?
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution