Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default JOKER'S DAUGHTER #1 Preview/Discussion

Who is The Joker's Daughter? What horrors lurk in the mind of this deranged lunatic, and why is there more to her than meets the eye? More than just a crazy person who stumbled upon The Joker's face, more than just a woman with a mission, The Joker's Daughter sees herself as a woman on the path of greed, dominance and lordship over the Gotham Underground. This special issue tells a sordid tale in the life of one of DC's most popular new villains!

Full article here.

....is she eating the joker's face? Well, that's just lovely.

Ew. The art's quite good, but the content of the first page is icky.

This reads like it's trying too hard.

Why is it that if she's already scarred and apparently has a Joker smile does she need to wear the rotten flesh of the Joker? What's crazier is that that thing i still mostly intact.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

try any harder and this whole face cutting and eating deal with the Joker will go into crossed territory. good job DC
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Why is the Joker's daughter so popular with the silent majority? I find it crazy that a hobo who decides to wear a man's sloughed off face could be this popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    Why is the Joker's daughter so popular with the silent majority? I find it crazy that a hobo who decides to wear a man's sloughed off face could be this popular.
    This character has been around since the '80s (Duela Dent; she called herself Joker's Daughter back then too). I guess for a lot of us, it's fun to see a new take on an old and somewhat forgotten villain. And I like the fact that she's a full-on gruesome, evil female villain, not the tiresome "sexy bad girl" type that infects superhero comics. Catwoman and Poison Ivy are cool and everything but are kind of cut from the same cloth.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

She'd have some more potential if she could just get away from Nocenti.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

She's not actually popular. Her 3D cover had the least printed, because it was one of the least ordered. Then Bleeding Cool got a hold of it, and made it out to be rare, so idiots paid upwards of 50 dollars for a book that was pretty universally panned, believing it's "rarity" would make it worth something some day. DC used this "hype" to pretend like she's relevant, or hell, maybe they honestly don't get it and see the 90s style "OMG THIS BOOK IS RARE AND GOING TO BE WORTH A MILLION DOLLARS SOMEDAY" as genuine interest in the character.

Nevertheless, Nocenti's Joker's Daughter is pretty much garbage. Maybe Bennett can do something with it, or maybe DC is just trying too hard.

Anyways... I like those first two pages, nice creepy look to it... but not so much when we get close ups on the characters.

A "one-shot" is all this character should have had to begin with. If at that.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    She'd have some more potential if she could just get away from Nocenti.
    I just want a Lobdell/Nocenti run on the entire Bat Family books just for giggles.

ART BY
    Meghan Hetrick-Murante
    This is the only element of the preview worth noting....

i.e who is this woman, where did she come from and what by the grace of the gods is she drawing next?

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    This is the only element of the preview worth noting....

i.e who is this woman, where did she come from and what by the grace of the gods is she drawing next?
    https://www.facebook.com/MeghanHetrickArt?fref=ts

Yeah, I actually like the art style... but I don't care about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Looking at her Facebook, I wouldn't mind seeing her tackle Nightwing, at some point...

Last edited by ABH-1979; 01-20-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    She's not actually popular.
    I don't know the ins and outs relating to her villain's month issue, but her appearance on the cover of Catwoman #24 clearly had some impact. Catwoman's sales jumped from the low 20,000's in the month prior to villains month to over 35,000 in November in what was a non-crossover, not-guest-starring-Bats issue.

Course, that doesn't necessarily equate to popularity. And I can't judge either way. I dropped Catwoman months ago, so I don't know the first thing about the character - but certainly the idea of the Joker's Daughter was a big draw, in only for one month.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."