Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Dan Slott Readies the Return of Peter Parker and "Amazing Spider-Man"

CBR News speaks with writer Dan Slott about Peter Parker's return, the new volume of "Amazing Spider-Man" and the impact of the "Superior" era.

Full article here.

Superior was a fun ride, feels like it's flown over (over a year already?!).

"Peter Parker's going to wake up, and he's going to be "Dr. Peter Parker." And he never went to a single class! He has a diploma on the wall. "Hey, thanks, Otto! You did that." What's he going to do, walk into Empire State University and say, "Take back your doctorate?"

I feel like Peter would absolutely go back to Empire State and, while not telling them the entire story, give back his doctorate and say that he didn't earn it.

Happy to hear Slott isn't messing with electro
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Otto did many things to Peter's life, but it's Anna Maria that will be his biggest problem in my opinion. No matter what he does he will emotionally devastate her.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Otto did many things to Peter's life, but it's Anna Maria that will be his biggest problem in my opinion. No matter what he does he will emotionally devastate her.
    Thats assuming she's not dead or left him by the time Superior is over.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

My bet is dead, Especially with the goblin in the mix. I mean how would Otto React the person he loves the most killed?

I suspect Slott will not kill her because she's a good addition to Spider-Man's cast and everybody is expecting it. But it may be overruled by the point he wants to make.

Anyone notice how Slott coyly referred to the new ASM not necessarily being twice-monthly but that there will be 2 Spidey titles per month starting in April? Sounds like the rumours that Superior may in fact continue (or at least a new secondary title) might be true after all.....
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

"What's going to happen to Otto Octavius?" is a very good question that people should be asking. What's going to happen to him? Now that we've let the cat out of the bag, now that we've told everybody Peter Parker is coming back, what happens to Otto? I'm not saying a word!

Peter Parker = The Amazing Spider-Man
    Otto Octavius = Superior Spider-Man thanks to the Virtual Reality Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott
    It's the ongoing story of Peter Parker, Spider-Man. His life moves forward.
    Pfffffft. Don't tell me he said that with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott
    The cool thing is, I get to write the Spider-Man that Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created, that John Romita Sr. worked on, Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway, Marv Wolfman, Len Wein, Roger Stern
    No, you really don't. That Spider-Man had a life that moved forward. Your Spider-Man is at least two reboots away from that guy. Gotta maintain that IP!
    "The truth, that no matter how I feel, as long as I breathe, there is hope!" - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Anyone notice how Slott coyly referred to the new ASM not necessarily being twice-monthly but that there will be 2 Spidey titles per month starting in April? Sounds like the rumours that Superior may in fact continue (or at least a new secondary title) might be true after all.....
    I'm gonna go with the Spider-Man 2099 series, probably written by PAD, given the rumors. But I'd not be totally shocked by a "Superior Doctor Octopus" or something.

What does this mean for Superior Team-Up and Superior Foes? (and why can't CBR float such an obvious question. Your e-journalism degree from DeVries is wanting...)
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    That does sound like the case from the interview. Another theory could be turning out 18 issues of Amazing Spider-Man a year like how Bendis and Bagley were doing with Ultimate Spider-Man. Although I'd love nothing more than to have a dedicated single writer/artist run. We haven't had that since the JMS/JR JR era a decade ago.
    Last edited by Venom; 01-13-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

That variant cover is so much better than the terrible styling of Humberto Ramos. Everything he does looks like a Disney character.