Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Cap & Falcon Team Up In New "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Photo

A newly-released photo from "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" show Chris Evans & Anthony Mackie teaming up as Captain America & Falcon.

Full article here.

Fingers crossed they actually give him a costume. "Guy with wings" isn't exactly the falcon...

Quote Originally Posted by uatu13 View Post
    Fingers crossed they actually give him a costume. "Guy with wings" isn't exactly the falcon...
    Has The Falcon ever had a non-terrible costume?

I'm so glad Cap is wearing the WW2 costume, it really was the best one of all the versions he's had on screen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Idio View Post
    I'm so glad Cap is wearing the WW2 costume, it really was the best one of all the versions he's had on screen so far.
    The suit seems to be a bit sleeker, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Idio View Post
    It's kind of a mash-up of the WW II and the Avengers outfit. Only reason I say that is he has that third tummy stripe, which is absent from the WWII version. I think it looks great.

The wings are costumey enough. Glad Cap's WW2 suit is back, since I vastly preferred it (and the new outfit) over his Avengers one.

The Avengers costume was the best. Maybe the mask wasn't cool but the costume surely was. He looks like he is wearing overalls on a bad halloween costume here.
    Cyclops was right.

Dats not the FALCON DAMNIT, RED & freakin white costume!!!!!!!

How can you #%^*}{]~<>€£*+ that up???????????
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Maidman View Post
    Dats not the FALCON DAMNIT, RED & freakin white costume!!!!!!!

How can you #%^*}{]~<>€£*+ that up???????????
    Most of the audience has never heard of the Falcon so they don't care. This hyperbolic "That's not Character X!" screaming happens with literally every single comic book movie and yet shockingly they turn out fine.
    Last edited by Free-Man; 01-10-2014 at 10:18 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a more Falcon-like costume at the end of the movie. More costumes means more action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by uatu13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Most of the audience has never heard of the Falcon so they don't care. This hyperbolic "That's not Character X!" screaming happens with literally every single comic book movie and yet shockingly they turn out fine.
    Part of the visual of Falc's costume is that it goes well with Cap's. I hope that he gets something close to his usual comic costume, but I'm guessing he doesn't get a lot of screen time anyway.

And not every superhero movie turns out fine. And not everyone is happy with the finished costume. I think GL would be the best example.

This looks like such a good movie.
    But so did Thor 2. The trailers promised a dark gritty epic and instead we got a flashy action film aimed at college kids. Tom Hiddleston was the only saving grace.
    I really want TWS to be good but....

Isn't that Cap's Avengers costume? The shot with the Falcon might be early in the movie then, since we know Cap is getting an updated costume. Maybe that's when Falcon will get a more proper suit.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

I remember seeing a interview with Mackie and he revealed he was kinda disappointed they didn't pick the red.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”