Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel Announces Three New Titles in Post-"Cataclysm" Ultimate Universe Overhaul

Once Galactus' hunger has been sated, Marvel's Ultimate line will consist of "Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man," "All-New Ultimates" & "Ultimate FF."

Full article here.

I like the look of that.

I fail to see how more destruction and more death counts as "a good, old kick in the butt." And doesn't this just spoil the end of Cataclysm? Galactus doesn't consume Earth. Some characters clearly die. Pretty much nothing changes. How is this any different at all than Ultimatum? Does Marvel really believe that the best way to reinvigorate Ultimate is to use the same tactics that damaged it so much to begin with? I think this is basically proof that Marvel is okay relegating Ultimate to the same status that it did with MC2. Once Bendis leaves Spider-Man, it will end the same way Spider-Girl ended after Tom Defalco left. Unless these stories take place in 616 (and there's no indication that it is) or they actually try to use characters that more people care about, then we can expect more of the same from Ultimate. A temporary boost from slapping a new #1 on the cover, but one that will quickly fade. I think this is very disappointing and I don't see how Ultimate can be sustained in this form.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Looks pretty cool. I'm gonna trade-wait All-New Ultimates and Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man. I like the idea that Miles gets his own series to be the focus of, so that the group title can let the other members shine.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Why is spider-man black?
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

As JaggedFel said on a different post it looks like Jessica is going to be calling herself black widow, I guess in tribute to Monica who I guess is going to die in Cataclysm. I wonder if many more of the original Ultimates will die as well?

I'm really looking forward to this, I really want to hear more about this new UFF title
    I'm with the Douche!

Quote Originally Posted by Maidman View Post
    Why is spider-man black?
    Because Peter died two years and Miles replaced him.

Oh! A teen book! I'm in. :P

BTW, can you guys give me a list of what to read in Ultimate Universe post AoU #10?

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    As JaggedFel said on a different post it looks like Jessica is going to be calling herself black widow, I guess in tribute to Monica who I guess is going to die in Cataclysm. I wonder if many more of the original Ultimates will die as well?
    Awwwwww that'd be so sweet!

(Not...Monica dying. Jessica taking the name, the whole legacy thing--continuing to redeem the name. That part's sweet.)
    ~Gregory Maguire

Ultimate X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicUrban View Post
    Ultimate X-Men?
    They totally all die.

#probably
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I fail to see how more destruction and more death counts as "a good, old kick in the butt." And doesn't this just spoil the end of Cataclysm? Galactus doesn't consume Earth. Some characters clearly die. Pretty much nothing changes. How is this any different at all than Ultimatum? Does Marvel really believe that the best way to reinvigorate Ultimate is to use the same tactics that damaged it so much to begin with? I think this is basically proof that Marvel is okay relegating Ultimate to the same status that it did with MC2. Once Bendis leaves Spider-Man, it will end the same way Spider-Girl ended after Tom Defalco left. Unless these stories take place in 616 (and there's no indication that it is) or they actually try to use characters that more people care about, then we can expect more of the same from Ultimate. A temporary boost from slapping a new #1 on the cover, but one that will quickly fade. I think this is very disappointing and I don't see how Ultimate can be sustained in this form.
    Hey now, don't go knocking it until they come out and see the quality! Sure, these characters may end up surviving but this is out of a situation with even more dire consequences. Back with Ultimatum they were only up against Magneto, but they are dealing with the 616 Galactus. We don't know how this is going to affect their universe and world. And you have no reasoning in dissing the #1s slapped on because of what has been going on in Marvel Now! and All-New Marvel Now! They felt these stories requried a #1 and so did so. I mean, even the 616 Fantastic Four and Wolverine and starting over at #1 again. Besides, in this internet world solicitations will always unveil stuff ahead of time so its hard to get any surprises of what will happen. But based on the books announced we can start theorizing on who's gonna amke it and how tthe survivors will grow and change becaue of it. Back with Ultimatum the people of Earth just grew in their hatred of mutants but this time they have to deal with the fact there are beings like Galactus that could end everything as if he was eating a mildly good sandwich. This will affect everyone on a bigger scale as they rebuild and tighten their bonds, if they can. There is so much this can offer so don't diss it without reading it.

COPRA may have been the best book published last year, so it's cool that Fiffe is getting more work, but it's a shame he isn't drawing any of it.

I kind of wish they just rebooted this entire universe already. Sure we would be making a lot of the old stories non-canon but ever since Ultimatum the Ultimate universe has just lost all steam. Sure the relaunch back in 2011 after the death of Spider-Man was able to breathe some new life into it but Ultimates got boring real fast and X-Men was good but dragged on. Plus the killings of the various heroes during Ultimatum really robbed the universe of some of its best heroes just for the sake of shock value.

Ooooh Fiffe :o
    BB