Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Loki: Agent of Asgard, #1

Old God-New Trickster! Marvel is pleased to present your first look at LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #1 from the spellbinding creative team of Al Ewing (Mighty Avengers) and Lee Garbett (X-O Manowar, Batgirl). LOKI is back and craftier than ever as the All-Mother's secret weapon against Asgardia's strangest threats. With his serpent's tongue, debonair charm, and taste for the uncanny, there's no assignment Loki won't take-including the untimely stabbing of THOR! The surprises only start here for the Prince of Lies, as the most conniving corners of the Marvel Universe are blown open this February in LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #1!

Full article here.

And its on my pull list

Its on my list.

huh so they really leaned in to the fangirl-bait direction for Loki

Thor's comments on this page make no sense at all. Contradicting the very issue which it even references on the same page! Weird!

Definitely getting this!

Protector of Mortals Vic's Aegis's Avatar

It's on my pull list and I can't wait to read the entire issue! This should be fun!!
    What we do in life echoes an Eternity.

Was on my list already but I wasn't it would have been put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamsee View Post
    Thor's comments on this page make no sense at all. Contradicting the very issue which it even references on the same page! Weird!
    While somewhat odd, it could be explained that the Key of Brotherhood that Thor gave Loki in the Point One issue caused him to be more convivial towards Loki than he usually is. Now that it is gone, he is back to his brotherly yet distrusting attitude towards Loki.

Hawkeye sums it up: 'One-directiony'. In a year's time when they relaunch the title and take the character seriously I might be interested. For now, pass.

I laughed at Hawkeye and Black Widow 'relaxing'. Because everyone sits around in their costume heavily armed while you're relaxing on a sofa.

NICE, tie-ins with the recent movie. I cannot wait to see more of it.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Why is Thor so distrusting of Loki? I thought the whole point of the Journey into Mystery reboot of Loki was to get him back in the graces of Asgard again. In the last issue of that storyline Thor pretty openly said that he trusted this version of Loki.

Untrusting Thor reeks of trying to match the movie. Not that it hasn't been done in other places, just stands out particularly badly here.

Beyond that, it seems like it's going to be a great time. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by laja2 View Post
    Why is Thor so distrusting of Loki? I thought the whole point of the Journey into Mystery reboot of Loki was to get him back in the graces of Asgard again. In the last issue of that storyline Thor pretty openly said that he trusted this version of Loki.
    Underneath the guise of a younger body isn't it actually the same old Loki in spirit?