Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default IMAGE EXPO LIVE: Eric Stephenson's Keynote Address

The first major comics event of 2014 kicks off with Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson delivering an announcement-heavy keynote address.

Full article here.

Holding out hope for Nowhere Men news...

Low for sure. I have not read a Remender book that I did not like

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Low for sure. I have not read a Remender book that I did not like
    Ditto, and it should be right in Tocchini's wheelhouse.

Michael Chabon writing the back-ups for Casanova? Guess it can't hurt to have a Pulitzer Prize winner as part of the creative team.

Dang, there is just nothing jumping out at me here.

In addition to Low, I'm definitely interested in Ody-C, Paradigms, and Cerulean.

Biiiiiitch Planet!

"You don't have to be a superstar, you just have to be good."

See that's the problem with Image. Lots of mediocrity. Kirkman too if we're being honest. I only read great comics. I don't have room for what Image considers "good." It's simply the house that Walking Dead built and nothing more. All that market growth? That's the Walking Dead TV show fans. Nothing more. Not the distinguished kind that are aware of great writing. More the "Xbox generation" of non readers who watch the Walking Dead.

Keatinge? Fraction? Fractions wife? Acazeta? Remender? Sorry but not interested. (Some of those people can't write, let's be honest. But the bar is lower as the president pointed out)

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Dang, there is just nothing jumping out at me here.

Add The Wicked & the Divine and Nameless to the list.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

"Fraction has one more piece of news -- "Casanova" is moving from Marvel's creator-owned Icon line back to its original home at Image, for fourth series "Acedia" -- with, as previously announced, back-ups by Michael Chabon and Gabriel Bá. "Buckle up buttercups, here we go," Fraction says. Image will also be publishing "fancy-ass hardcovers" of the previous volumes, Fraction shares. "I'm very excited to be back on Planet Casanova again."

F Yeah! Can't. Friggin. Wait.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Low sounds good and with how many Image books I started reading last year I can't wait to see what they're going to come out with this year. Image is easily the company I'm most excited for.

"Nameless is the ultimate horror comic," Burnham says. "[Morrison] has never done a straight-up, ball-to-the-wall horror book.
    I doubt that honestly, especially with Burnham drawing it. Having read a lot of horror comics before (American and foreign), that's some pretty big boasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio4521 View Post
    "You don't have to be a superstar, you just have to be good."

See that's the problem with Image. Lots of mediocrity. Kirkman too if we're being honest. I only read great comics. I don't have room for what Image considers "good." It's simply the house that Walking Dead built and nothing more. All that market growth? That's the Walking Dead TV show fans. Nothing more. Not the distinguished kind that are aware of great writing. More the "Xbox generation" of non readers who watch the Walking Dead.

Keatinge? Fraction? Fractions wife? Acazeta? Remender? Sorry but not interested. (Some of those people can't write, let's be honest. But the bar is lower as the president pointed out)
    Wow, couldn't disagree more.

There isn't a publisher out there putting anything out that's even half as good as Saga, East of West, Lazarus and Pretty Deadly.

Add to that, I neither read nor watch Walking Dead, and I know plenty of other Image readers in the same boat.

Maaaaaaaaaan....