Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Ben Kingsley Stars in Marvel's "All Hail The King" One-Shot

Sir Ben Kingsley reprises his "Iron Man 3" role for the upcoming "All Hail The King" Marvel One-Shot on the "Thor: The Dark World" Blu-ray release.

Full article here.

I only hope it stops the whiners.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Recently saw the Item 47 and Agent Carter shorts. Enjoyed both quite a lot. If Item 47 had been the set up for the Agents of Shield show, we might have had something enjoyable to watch. Looking forward to this new one.

Its a shame you need blu-ray to watch these :(
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by rstaytx View Post
    Recently saw the Item 47 and Agent Carter shorts. Enjoyed both quite a lot. If Item 47 had been the set up for the Agents of Shield show, we might have had something enjoyable to watch. Looking forward to this new one.
    100% agree - I thought Item 47 really WAS the setup for the show. Too bad. :(

Hopefully the real Mandarin will show up and shoot him in the face multiple times. That would help to make up for IM3!

Quote Originally Posted by uatu13 View Post
    Hopefully the real Mandarin will show up and shoot him in the face multiple times. That would help to make up for IM3!
    Dude, Disney is not going to create the comic book Mandarin because it's all racially charged.

I hope they keep the joke going.

Huh. Cool.
    When I think of "Classic" Iron Man rogues, the ones I remember from the comics and the '60's cartoon, were Titanium Man, The Mandarin, Blizzard, The Black Widow and Hawkeye. The theme I always picked up on was spies, politics and industrial espionage. I didn't follow Stark much after the '70's. I'm sure that The Mandarin is a racial stereotype. Weren't the terrorists in the first Iron Man stereotypes? I didn't care for Ben Kingsley's Mandarin. I hope that the head of the ten rings is a little more formidable.

Comic books have updated the Mandarin several times to take him away from the fu manchu stereotype and make him relevant to modern audiences. There's no reason there can't be a legitimate threat with ten rings (perhaps even alien-based since Marvel Cinematic is going cosmic) named The Mandarin.

Honestly, I find it disappointing that people somehow think that the Mandarin is nothing more than that archaic stereotype. Many other characters have been updated over the years in terms of their aesthetic. (would anyone say that Luke Cage can't be used because *his* original look is dated and possibly offensive? No, they just update his look) As bad as that old "Yellow Menace" stereotype is, I find fault with the mentality that the Mandarin can't be used because he's defined solely by his race or appearance.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Perhaps something happens that will change the Mandarin into the rogue we know.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Perhaps something happens that will change the Mandarin into the rogue we know.
    Maybe Loki enchants his rings, or gives him a set made of alien material.

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Comic books have updated the Mandarin several times to take him away from the fu manchu stereotype and make him relevant to modern audiences. There's no reason there can't be a legitimate threat with ten rings (perhaps even alien-based since Marvel Cinematic is going cosmic) named The Mandarin.

Honestly, I find it disappointing that people somehow think that the Mandarin is nothing more than that archaic stereotype. Many other characters have been updated over the years in terms of their aesthetic. (would anyone say that Luke Cage can't be used because *his* original look is dated and possibly offensive? No, they just update his look) As bad as that old "Yellow Menace" stereotype is, I find fault with the mentality that the Mandarin can't be used because he's defined solely by his race or appearance.
    Excuse me, but are you me from the future or something? Because that was nearly word for word what I was about to say. I mean it's almost creepy. You even brought up Cage as an example like I was just about to do. Amazing.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

The man behind the man is actually a nice concept, too bad they failed in executing it.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by SadSuperman View Post
    I hope they keep the joke going.
    If you repeat the same joke over and over it will just become stale. Do something new

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I only hope it stops the whiners.
    Please, nowhere near as bad as the level of whining one hears about the WW casting.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck