Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Soule Embraces Role as Avatar of "Swamp Thing"

Charles Soule spoke to CBR about the end of his first major arc on "Swamp Thing," the title's history and expanding its mythos with new characters & concepts.

Full article here.

I love this guy.

And he's not going anywhere until they ask him to? Best news I've heard all day!!!

As a lifelong Swamp Thing fan; you are welcome to write this forever (or 100 issues is okay).
    Last edited by SwampyCA; 01-09-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Is it ok to start with Soule's run, or is Snyder's run "required reading" ?

Quote Originally Posted by O_Perez View Post
    Nah, dive in with Soule's stuff. That way you miss the incredibly tedious Rotworld extravaganza. Dude turns into a swamp monster and protects the interests of plants on earth is the simple rundown. There's more to it than that, but that's enough to get you going.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

I started with Soule's run and the only other run on swamp thing I have read is Alan Moore's and I must say that it's one of my favourite books being published.

Best news: Soule has no intentions of leaving.

Funny thing I realized while reading this interview. Alec kinda became like Arcane. Arcane also put his parliament into the closet so that he could do whatever he wanted to do. Sure it's good thing that Alec doesn't want to kill everyone like Arcane, but as I understand now Alec has power of a god without anyone capable of plugging him off.
    lots of dots

Love this book. Soule is an excellent writer, and Jesus Saiz is the best artist with DC today.

Did anyone else get the feeling from Soule's response, that he might not be so favorable to Saiz? I hope this isn't the case. But when asked about Saiz, his response isn't really praise specifically to Jesus Saiz. It's more of a general response with praise to the many artists, the colorist, etc. I don't know...something about how he answered that struck me as odd, or kind of diverting from answering directly about Saiz.
    "With Green Lantern, it's easy to see now that characters don't go stale, the creators do. Get the right writer and artist on the book and success is always possible. - CBR member Brett Tolino"

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Love this book. Soule is an excellent writer, and Jesus Saiz is the best artist with DC today.

Did anyone else get the feeling from Soule's response, that he might not be so favorable to Saiz? I hope this isn't the case. But when asked about Saiz, his response isn't really praise specifically to Jesus Saiz. It's more of a general response with praise to the many artists, the colorist, etc. I don't know...something about how he answered that struck me as odd, or kind of diverting from answering directly about Saiz.
    I saw it as making sure that everyone on the art team gets a nod for the fantastic work, not just the man working pencils. I certainly hope they get along, because Swamp Thing is a beautiful collaboration right now, and I wouldn't want that to change.
    Pull List: Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Suicide Risk, Suicide Squad, Superior Foes, Swamp Thing, X-Men
    Trade Waiting: Superior Spider-Man, Unwritten, The Walking Dead

Really looking forward to where Soule goes next with this.

I never read the old Swamp Thing classics, but it's pretty clear that this run is built on a respect for what came before. I had tried Snyder's stuff in the beginning but it just didn't hook me. Soule made me a fan after one issue and I love how he's building out the mythology.

This may be the only DC book, I'm buying but I can't imagine dropping it for anything else right now.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Really looking forward to where Soule goes next with this.

I never read the old Swamp Thing classics, but it's pretty clear that this run is built on a respect for what came before. I had tried Snyder's stuff in the beginning but it just didn't hook me. Soule made me a fan after one issue and I love how he's building out the mythology.

This may be the only DC book, I'm buying but I can't imagine dropping it for anything else right now.
    Read Alan Moore's Saga of Swamp Thing if you get a chance. This run is fantastic, really one of the best things I'm reading right now, but Moore's run is something else. One of the best comic book runs ever.

Swamp Thing is a real gem, I hope Soule's run lasts for many years to come.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O_Perez View Post
    It's not required reading, but it's awesome. Some people disliked Rotwolrd but I thought it was fun, and everything leading up to the cross over was gold. Soule's run is awesome too, so why not read 27 issues of awesome Swampy?
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

BANNED

Where do u start? At the beginning of his run?

And is the book preachy?

Start with #19. And no, I don't think it's preachy.