Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Yes, Terry McGinnis is "New 52: Futures End's" Batman Beyond

"Batman Beyond 2.0" writer Kyle Higgins and "Futures End" writer Brian Azzarello confirm Terry McGinnis' imminent arrival in DC Comics' New 52 continuity.

Full article here.

Nice artwork, if a bit too dystopic. Looks like we're going into Brother Eye territory again.

Good, because that's what the New 52 needs, another Batman.

And whose idea was it, exactly, to bring a character like Terry who thrives in an AU into the current present?
    Last edited by Kerukun878; 01-08-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    "Shh... you were always here, waiting for yourself to arrive." -- Jean Grey, New X-Men 153

Awesome. Looking forward to see New 52 makeover of Terry!
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

What is 'Future End'?

I think it was a missed opportunity to not have Terry on Earth 2. I would have preferred him over Thomas Wayne but whatever.

I kind of like the idea of Terry being a time-traveling Batman -- I realize that was Booster's schtick, but hey Batman. They could always team them up...
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Well it worked so well with Carrie Kelly, let's bring Terry into the New 52.

Snark aside, Batman Beyond 2.0 has been awesome.

So excited!!!

I hope they don't screw this up!

I was hoping it would be Terry! Its only right.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I was really hoping that in one of the two articles about Future's End that they would have addressed the fact that it makes no sense whatsoever to have Terry popping up 5 years later unless he's a newborn (which doesn't exactly make an exciting book).

If I remember reading correctly, Terry is brought into 5 years from now, from the future. So he really could be from....anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    If I remember reading correctly, Terry is brought into 5 years from now, from the future. So he really could be from....anytime.
    Dammit Rich. Beat me to it. Seems that some people can't fathom the idea of time travel as an option in a story about the future.

So he travels from the future to 5 years into the current future? I liked Terry in Batman Beyond but I don't really know who I feel about him being shoved into an event that I am not that excited about. Hopefully they have him not be Bruce's actual son and fix that mistake the animated series did in that epilogue episode. That would be something at least.

More Terry is always a good thing, so this is fine by me. I'm curious to see what his origin will be in the mainstream DCU.