Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: David Launches "All-New X-Factor"

With "All-New X-Factor" #1 in stores this week, Peter David returns to X-Position to answer fan questions about the new series. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

I just can't get past those horrible costumes...What's those things all about?

Awesome X-Position! Thanks for answering)

It seems PAD understand all characters really good and I like that interaction with the members that is going to be drawing most of his attention. All answers and questions are really intresting and it seems that team dynamic would be awesome. So excited about all this!

I'm sure we'll be in for some surprises

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I love all of the mystery surrounding Serval. I'm also very glad to read that many people from the outside will be trying to get in touch with the team.
    Bring back Hawkwoman

PAD is such a great and inspiring person.
    The main difference between him and many modern writers that he deals with the continuity instead of shrugging it off.
    He respects other writers' work. We can definitely expect to see some of the consequences of Gambit solo in X-F.
    So yeah, thumbs up. PAD and Spurrier are the best writers in x-books as of now.

Now when I think about it, the all-new is actually back to basics.
    The first X-Factor team were sort of corp-sponsored team too, hm? They were owned by Warren Worthington (aka Angel)
    and were fighting mutant threats.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Not a single question about poor Doug.

I'm pretty happy with the size of the team we have, although honestly, I never understood people complaining about the cast size. "Wolverine and the X-Men" had more cast members, and "X-Men" -- when they were on Utopia -- had literally hundreds of people. I never really comprehended the fixation on the team size of X-Factor. Sometimes it seemed that some fans were simply looking for something to gripe about.
    I got a problem with Aaron's horribly neglected studentbody (and certain teachers) too if that makes you feel better. Utopia was okay when Legacy, X-Men, Uncanny and minis were all juggling it's cast, after Schism Gillen really didn't do much with it's mutant community either. Can't really think of a comic that benefitted from having more then 6-10 main characters, X-Factor certainly didn't change my mind.
    "I like reading about the JGS sometimes. It reminds me when The Three Stooges masqueraded as professors." - godzilla2099

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Interesting: Danger is my least favorite on a team featuring three of my all-time favorite X-characters. I hated Shatterstar before he joined the last X-factor and he ended up being the best part of the book during its final few years. This will definitely be interesting to read.

------------

See, that's EXACTLY what I've been worrying about regarding Quicksilver: he's such a major player these days that PAD's hands are tied with regard to where he can take the character. I wonder if say Aaron or Remner have these types of headaches playing around with so many major characters.
    Last edited by Living Silver; 01-07-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    PAD is such a great and inspiring person.
    The main difference between him and many modern writers that he deals with the continuity instead of shrugging it off.
    He respects other writers' work. We can definitely expect to see some of the consequences of Gambit solo in X-F.
    So yeah, thumbs up. PAD and Spurrier are the best writers in x-books as of now.

Now when I think about it, the all-new is actually back to basics.
    The first X-Factor team were sort of corp-sponsored team too, hm? They were owned by Warren Worthington (aka Angel)
    and were fighting mutant threats.
    The first X-Factor were officially mutant hunters. They used this as a cover to help mutants.

And I love that PAD doesn't just poop on any continuity that he doesn't like or doesn't benefit him, he addresses it and makes it work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    Not a single question about poor Doug.
    First thing I did was skim the page for a mention :(

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    See, that's EXACTLY what I've been worrying about regarding Quicksilver: he's such a major player these days that PAD's hands are tied with regard to where he can take the character.
    I wonder if he knew the plans for this character at the time he started planning the book. I keep feeling like Quicksilver's ascension to future MCU star came as a surprise to Marvel, which hasn't had much use for the character in a long time. Obviously I look forward to PAD writing the character again, but as he says, there are places he can't take a character who's going to be in a big movie because they have to wait and see what his film persona is going to be.

Time Displaced Victim Anotherdae's Avatar

Doesn't Gambit still have that "evil side" to him that comes out from being Death, one of Apocalypse's horsemen? How can that not be addressed... his eyes are black still!

Also, good job questioner bringing up Gambit possibly being The Witness, I've always hoped that plot point would come back around.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I liked his honesty about Pietro. He's in an upcoming movie so there's only so much he can do. REFRESHING.

PAD for EiC!
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    See, that's EXACTLY what I've been worrying about regarding Quicksilver: he's such a major player these days that PAD's hands are tied with regard to where he can take the character. I wonder if say Aaron or Remner have these types of headaches playing around with so many major characters.
    I'm just happy to see Pietro in a book (consistently) again. I'll take whatever PAD does with him. Can't be worse than what's already done. And, besides, PAD is the master of writing Pietro, so we'll still get amazing QS reads, I'm sure.

SOEXCITEDFORTOMORROW.
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.---Hermann Hesse