Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Stan Lee To Appear On "Agents of SHIELD"

Stan Lee, the king of Marvel cameos, is set to appear in an upcoming episode of "Agents of SHIELD" in a "big role."

Full article here.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

It's still pretty depressing how successful Stan Lee is considering how Kirby and Ditko were blatantly more talented.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

As Bruce Campbell was Mysterio in the original Sony Spider-Man films, Stan Lee could be The Watcher of the Marvel Movie Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    It's still pretty depressing how successful Stan Lee is considering how Kirby and Ditko were blatantly more talented.
    Please. Not this again. The man's 91. I think that it's time to lay off him. You really can't take anything from the man. For his day, Stan was extraordinarily talented. You can still practically hear his voice dripping off of these characters' lips. His contributions were, imo, as great as Kirby & Ditko's. That's the thing about collaboration. If you start saying that "x" person did more than "y" person, it really stops being a team effort. The end product is always more than the sum of its parts. That's especially true in comics.

I get that there are Kirby loyalists who still defend idea that he's somehow owed something. There's no legal basis to that claim, but I totally get the point. That said, of the three guys here, Stan has always been the PT Barnum of the bunch. As the most vocal of the old guard, it's no wonder why he's always in the spotlight with the cameos. To be brutally honest, Stan is pretty much the Marvel mascot at this point. He's a symbol for fanboys to rally around. Given the fact that his colorful personality lends itself to this sort of thing, all the more power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    As Bruce Campbell was Mysterio in the original Sony Spider-Man films, Stan Lee could be The Watcher of the Marvel Movie Universe.
    Mysterio? Don't I wish. Even in the rebooted franchise, he'd still make for an awesome Quentin Beck.

Hmm. Maybe make him one of the original SHIELD founders or a spy, maybe even give him an eye patch? (Just don't call him Fury; it would get too confusing or convoluted)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandas View Post
    Hmm. Maybe make him one of the original SHIELD founders or a spy, maybe even give him an eye patch? (Just don't call him Fury; it would get too confusing or convoluted)
    Plus, he doesn't even look like an older Nick Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    Stan Lee could be The Watcher of the Marvel Movie Universe.
    I have heard this before and it's perfect, other idea i heard was that he was some crazy guy who believes he is being tormented by his creations thus his appearance in all Marvel's movies. I just hope his appearance is clever and meta as fuck

Maybe stan the man is the Clairvoyant.

I'm almost beginning to suspect Stan has access to some sort of longevity elixir.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I will never be bothered by these posts until he dies and the second post his "Asshole stole all kirby and ditkos stuff!!"