Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,866

    Default Skybound Teases "Invincible" Changes For Image Expo

    A promotional teaser from Skybound indicates new changes on the way for Robert Kirkman's "Invincible" to be revealed at Image Expo.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    So, they either relaunch it, or poke fun at all the relaunches lately with a big #1 plastered all over Invincible #111, or whatever the next issue that's to be solicited is... They did slap a huge #1 on #101, soooo... I'm going with the latter.

    And now that I think about it #111... THREE #1's! I dont' know, I just bet it's something dumb.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 01-06-2014 at 12:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    So, they either relaunch it, or poke fun at all the relaunches lately with a big #1 plastered all over Invincible #111, or whatever the next issue that's to be solicited is... They did slap a huge #1 on #101, soooo... I'm going with the latter.

    And now that I think about it #111... THREE #1's! I dont' know, I just bet it's something dumb.
    I would think you are correct. Kirkman often gives the Big 2 a hard time over the constant renumbering so I really doubt that will happen here. It's strange that they just used the same tagline on the issue 101 cover, so I'm curious as to what they will announce.

    I'm just really glad that Invincible will get some kind of moment at the Image Expo. Nice for it to get some press.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  4. #4

    Default

    I wonder what they are going to do...

  5. #5
    Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    189

    Default

    It's probably a joke at the expense of New 52/Marvel Now. Last year also featured an issue of Invincible billed as the "first issue in a bold new direction" (101 IIRC).

  6. #6
    Green Lantern Honor Guard Green_Lantern_2814.4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    53

    Default

    An all grown up Kid Omni-Man?

  7. #7
    Senior Member The Adventurer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    It's probably a joke at the expense of New 52/Marvel Now. Last year also featured an issue of Invincible billed as the "first issue in a bold new direction" (101 IIRC).
    Every comic should be the first issue in a bold direction.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I would think you are correct. Kirkman often gives the Big 2 a hard time over the constant renumbering so I really doubt that will happen here. It's strange that they just used the same tagline on the issue 101 cover, so I'm curious as to what they will announce.

    I'm just really glad that Invincible will get some kind of moment at the Image Expo. Nice for it to get some press.
    Agreed. Kirkman is likely making a joke, i've seen in the letters section of either walking dead or invincible that he thinks it's a pretty bad idea to renumber, and stated that it hurts the longevity of a comic series. This image looks recycled from the 1:50 variant for issue 75 by ryan ottley


    Last edited by bl00mberg; 01-07-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •