Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Waid & Bagley Turn Bruce Banner's World Upside Down in "Hulk"

Mark Waid & Mark Bagley tell CBR about their new volume of "Hulk" which turns the lives of both the title character and his alter ego, Bruce Banner, upside down.

Full article here.

So another new number one ? lol. I'll probably give it a shot.

Waid is involved? Check

Bagley is involved and from that preview cover looks to be all in on his art again? Check

I'm in. ^_^

3rd Hulk #1 in what? a year and a half? lol

Good news for every Hulk fan! However, that means no Bagley for Spider-Man! :(

I don't get the point of the relaunch, but whatever. Indestructible Hulk is hella fun, so if Waid's still writing it, I'm still pulling it.

Hopefully the series can go back to being good now!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Waid: More action. More reason for Hulk to carry more of the issue. But an overarching mystery that goes back to issue #2 or thereabouts, as new hints are revealed. Banner's been up to something -- and sharp-eyed readers have been collecting clues.
    Sounds interesting.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

One of my biggest criticisms of the book has been the lack of artistic consistency, and you don't get much more consistent than Mark Bagley.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hopefully the series can go back to being good now!
    Yeah, I don't think the series has completely gone off the rails but it has definitely faltered in the last arc or so. The early issues, with Yu and then Simonson were very, very good I thought. The Simonson Thor arc in particular was one of my favorite storylines of the past year - just pure comic book gold. I think giving Waid a consistent artistic collaborator in Bagley is the smartest move on Marvel's part. Waid's Daredevil works as well as it does in part because the art team is rock solid. His Hulk didn't start to stumble until too many different artists started coming into the mix. As talented as they may have been, it started giving the book a herky-jerky feel. With Bagley, you know you've got a guy who'll be in it for the long haul. If he has to switch out for an arc here and there, that's fine, as long as he'll be the main guy. I think that his style and Waid's sensibilities will prove to be a perfect match. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

These relaunches are getting really stale now, why couldn't this be an Indestructible arc?
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

It sounds like Waid will be trying to fix a few of the biig mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    These relaunches are getting really stale now, why couldn't this be an Indestructible arc?
    Season model.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

I'm surprised by this news and the creative team is a good choice as well. I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Seems really dumb to relaunch this book...I don't even know why they had too, it wasn't a big number and the price was already 3.99 I believe.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.