Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel Announces New "Star Wars" Comics in 2015

Marvel Comics has announced that it will begin publishing new "Star Wars" comics in 2015, following the expiration of Dark Horse Comics' licensing contract.

Full article here.

Just in time for the new movie. I wonder if that will be the focus of what they publish? Star Wars by Wood has been decent but I want something with these familiar characters that feels more adventurous.

Wow, that's got to be a big hit for DH. Not surprising, but still. I wonder what this means for current runs or reprints like the Star Wars Omnibus line, which I'm pretty fond of.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

If Bendis touches a Star Wars book with JJ doing the movies it think we need one more thing to summon Cthulhu.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Even though everyone knew it was going to happen it is still sad to see. Dark Horse put out some amazing books with the property over the decades, and still does to this day. I am just afraid that all we are really going to get is movie related stuff now, and the best stuff Dark Horse did with Star Wars was give us stuff like Crimson Empire, Knights of the Old Republic, Dark Times, Legacy, and other books that didn't really deal with the main movie characters.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Dark horse are really in trouble now.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Wow, that's got to be a big hit for DH. Not surprising, but still. I wonder what this means for current runs or reprints like the Star Wars Omnibus line, which I'm pretty fond of.
    Looks like the omnibus line will be finished. Current runs might carry over to Marvel but that could get messy I think.

I just hope Marvel is smart enough to bring over the best talent (in particular, Jan and John, whom i feel like "get" the SW universe in a way that very few do).

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

This was only a matter of time as everyone would know.

Maybe Marvel/Disney can take on the writers/artists who did the work over at DH and continue on?

Wow I knew this was coming but its still a blow to dark horse
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    This was only a matter of time as everyone would know.

Maybe Marvel/Disney can take on the writers/artists who did the work over at DH and continue on?
    Don't see why they can't keep Wood at least since he's writing other books for them.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Knew it was going to happen eventually but still that is a blow to DH. Wood's book could probably continue since he already does work for Marvel.

This was expected as soon as Disney bought the License. Its going to be interesting too see what happens next. I'm guessing were going to see alot more Video Game rlated stuff and more of the DH super hero stuff coming on.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

And if Disney/Marvel are publishing pussy Star Wars books for the lobotomized Star Wars Universe which started with The Phantom menace???
    And if Dark Horse is sill publishing serious Star Wars stories since the creation of the Star Wars Universe???
    Hmm???
    Possible or not????
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

Will Marvel reprint a lot of this stuff? The books are enjoyable to very good but I am not sure how much of it is in print. There were some awesome books in the 90s I have not seen for some time.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!