Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Constantine, Zatanna Join Cast of "Smallville"

Zatanna returns to the world of DC Comics' "Smallville," and she bringing John Constantine with her.

Full article here.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Constantine on a comic based on a CW show? God that's hilarious.

Still not gonna read this though.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Bleh.
    BB

Jesus, wth is Diana Prince wearing? Is it the norm for secret agents to dress like they going to a rock concert? And is the government that DUMB not to see her in that bust forming, hip grabbing outfit with some glasses? Imagine if Clark Kent wears the equivalent of what she's wearing to work as a CIA agent to his reporter job...Smallville, you never fail with your utter nonsense.

It would be funny if this John was better written than the current John, but either way it's a shitty time to be a fan of him. I don't want to have to go to CW comics with Tom Welling's face to find good depictions of him, I just want Hellblazer #301.

Still lovin' the haters in 2014 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    Jesus, wth is Diana Prince wearing? Is it the norm for secret agents to dress like they going to a rock concert? And is the government that DUMB not to see her in that bust forming, hip grabbing outfit with some glasses? Imagine if Clark Kent wears the equivalent of what she's wearing to work as a CIA agent to his reporter job...Smallville, you never fail with your utter nonsense.
    You cannot be serious. What Diana is wearing is at least as convincing as Clark's glasses disguise. As if sunglasses are more revealing than actual glasses! Please. If curious and detail-oriented investigative journalists can't figure out Clark Kent is Superman because of the geek/hero contrast, then surely the dichotomy of Amazon/punk can throw off government officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Constantine on a comic based on a CW show? God that's hilarious.

Still not gonna read this though.
    It would be funny if this John was better written than the current John, but either way it's a shitty time to be a fan of him. I don't want to have to go to CW comics with Tom Welling's face to find good depictions of him, I just want Hellblazer #301.
    Is there a reason for this bias? Have you actually read Miller's comic or are you just being a prejudiced snob?
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Is there a reason for this bias?
    Yes.

Have you actually read Miller's comic
    I tried a couple issues a while back (meh), and I saw a couple episodes of the TV show (terrible).

or are you just being a prejudiced snob?

I don't see a well done version of Constantine fitting into this world very well at all and DC's treatment of the character in recent years has been pretty appalling. Understand?

I tried a couple issues a while back (meh), and I saw a couple episodes of the TV show (terrible).
    The comic is not really like the television show. Did you read the "Olympus" arc that actually featured Diana? What about watching Miller's Zatanna episodes: Hex and Warrior?

I don't see a well done version of Constantine fitting into this world very well at all and DC's treatment of the character in recent years has been pretty appalling. Understand?
    I understand being worn down by disappointments in the past, but you have to admit that your opinion is pure bias. Dismissing something new just because it is attached to something that was once associated with the CW brand is pretty narrow-minded, don't you think?
    Last edited by misslane38; 01-02-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

san francisco - the free range twink farm

"Wonder Woman"'s laceup workboots are fug pug fugly.

Bryan Q. Miller got his Diana Heavy Metal from Azzarello? lol

I really doubt this john constantine will be something near Hellblazer, I really expect a softer Constantine

Now, after introducing a number of characters from the DCU to the digital-first title's cast, the digital-first title heads back to its roots as Zatanna, introduced to CW viewers in Season 8, returns to Clark's world, and she's bringing John Constantine along with her.

"[Constantine] and Zee butt heads over how to deal with her father's final cursed object," writer Bryan Q. Miller told TV Guide. "It was stolen from Constantine and he wants it back...so he can sell it to the highest bidder."
    Awesome. Sparks are going to fly between those two, hehe. I wonder if Diana, Steve, Zee and Constantine will have a mission together, later sometime? No doubt in my mind Mr. Miller and the rest of the SV team will do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    She's not a CIA agent. She belongs to the Department of Extranormal Operations -DEO-. And some people of the CIA are not comfortable with the DEO dealing with all the paranormal stuff the CIA clearly can't.

People in high positions within the government like General Lane already know about Diana/WW, Hippolyta and Themyscira's existence. They've not only embraced Diana and Hippolyta but they've done everything to protect them, as they saw that Diana (and Clark) protected humanity from the invasion of a God (Hades). They even sent Hippolyta back to Themyscira promising her that the island's location would be safe (with Etta Candy as pilot of the plane). Don't know what's your point but it's clear that you're not reading the comic, nor you're at least interested in it.
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    "You know Lois...we could go back to the farm and take a walk. I could give you Clark Kent's tour of the galaxy." - Clark Kent, SV S09e10.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    The comic is not really like the television show. Did you read the "Olympus" arc that actually featured Diana?

Only read the first few issues and why would I have any interest in Wonder Woman? Or Steve Trevor?

I was interesting in reading the Batman team up for Steph but then the one true iconic Nightwing ruined it. Maybe I'll check it out again if Hal's in it, or Element Woman.

What about watching Miller's Zatanna episodes: Hex and Warrior?
    Can't remember.

I understand being worn down by disappointments in the past, but you have to admit that your opinion is pure bias. Dismissing something new just because it is attached to something that was once associated with the CW brand is pretty narrow-minded, don't you think?

Let me break this down...

Not a fan of the Smallville property
    Not a fan of the current Constantine
    Do not want to have to read Smallville (something that couldn't be more different to Hellblazer if it tried, making his inclusion pretty funny) to get a good version of John

'Kay?

Constantine in a Smallville comic? Really? Really?

Just... urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Zatanna returns to the world of DC Comics' "Smallville," and she bringing John Constantine with her.
    Best laugh of the day. Thanks. The only thing that would've made it funnier would be if Constantine had looked like Keanu Reeves.

But I've enjoyed the comic a lot and am more than happy to give Miller the benefit of the doubt with what at first glance seems like the most ill-conceived idea possible. He's surprised me before.