Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR's Top 100 Comics of 2013, #50 - 26

The top half of our Top 100 arrives as CBR's combined staff highlights some of the year's standout OGNs, top literary adaptations, hilarious superhero action and more!

Full article here.

FF purist-snob

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    44. FF
    Exactly! See? There's no harm in making the numbers fit.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

Rocket Girl at 39? But only two issues have been out! I like the series, but it isn't that good and there is not enough here to say it is better than a lot of the series that came before it.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Nice to see some love for Journey into Mystery.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Afterlife With Archie is awesome. Of course I'm buying Marble Season when I get around to it. Been looking forward to reading Parker. Looks like a few more interesting things on the list, but Afterlife is the only one I have read out of this group. Well, I did read the first issue of Chew but decided not to follow it.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Rocket Girl at 39? But only two issues have been out! I like the series, but it isn't that good and there is not enough here to say it is better than a lot of the series that came before it.
    Repeat after me: The numbers mean nothing, the numbers mean nothing . . .
    "A true friend stabs you in the front." - Oscar Wilde

Good to see Marble Season, Red Handed, Parker, Black Beetle and Chew in the list. The Lost Boy sounds interesting too. And scholastic books technically for kids? Maybe so, but they also released A Bag of Marbles this year, which is another good story that can be enjoyed by adults as well.

It's a bit silly this list, considering there's numerous series put on here that have had 1 or 2 issues out only so far. Kind of weird to see X-Men placed so high as well. To each their own I guess!

I'm pleased to see Afterlife With Archie make the list. It's only a few issues in, but man its fun as hell...

I'm kinda sad that Superior foes of spider-man didn't show up. Cause it deserves a spot on this list and I doubt enough people like me love this title to give it a spot in the top 25.
    Favorite comics out right now:
    1 Superior foes of Spider-man 2 Uncanny avengers
    3 Green arrow/Red lanterns 4 Wonder woman 5 Thor/Black science

Favorite comic character: Deathstroke

Once again the annual CBR list means nothing to me. When will these clowns hire reviewers who like exactly what I like?

When!?

Both Wolverine and the X-men and Adjectiveless in??? Why??? The reviews for both were horrific. The WATX is in the list of the worst books of the year. I want to see in the list familiar with me titles, but not like that. It is awful lit, it is like a fan's list. I am an x-men fan too. Ok the WATXM the first year was great, the second was ewww but this was horrible. I know that aaron is working in CBR but that is ridicilous. Also I liked Wood previous run on X-men, but that one is not so great as the previous. If someone wanted to vote Wood his ultimate X-men were much better. I cannot believe that the last year Gillen run on X-men wasn't in the list. I VOTE that list as the WORST of 2013...
    Cyclops-Emma Frost-Jean Grey-Warpath-Gampit-Angel-Colossus-Avalanche-Dazzler-Rogue-Storm-Cannonball-Kitty Pryde-Iceman-Siryn-Hellion-Dust-Pixie-Wolverine

What is the "controversy" around Brian Wood referred to in the article? I have been kind of out of the comics news loop for a while. What did I miss?

48. Afterlife With Archie - Is the only one I bought on this list. So far I'm at 5 for 75.

I find this 'top 100' a bit weird so far. While it's encouraged me to pick up Templar, I found is strange that Thor was so low on the list, especially ahead of titles like Young Avengers, FF, Wolverine and the X-Men and Uncanny Avengers - all of which I've put in the 'unreadable' pile.