Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV: Oliva & Tucker Go to "War" with the New 52 "Justice League"

Director Jay Oliva and producer James Tucker spoke with CBR TV about the upcoming "Justice League: War," DC's first New 52 animated feature.

Full article here.

What PR hogwash! Just be honest and say "We spend a lot maintaining the license for Captain Marvel and we want to shove him down fans' throats as hard as possible!"

"Saving" Aquaman? What BS. I will pass on Justice League: War as it wasn't even that impressive in the New 52 and certainly doesn't deserve its own (even if faulty) DCAU treatment.

i suppose we'll see Throne of Atlantis adapted.
    still, shame on them for not giving us Aquaman in this.
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Great, so they really are consciously concentrating on animating New 52 stuff. Ugh. I'd rather see some older, classic storylines animated.
    Last edited by penguintruth; 12-28-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

This sounds awesome can't wait

Looking forward to this. Should be great.
    i love the dc new 52.

"I just finished up 'Flashpoint Paradox' right before this, so for me, not having Aquaman in it was a little bit refreshing because I had done everything I could with Aquaman in that movie," Oliva said. "So when we went in about this movie and we included some new characters, I just thought, "Okay, that's great." Plus, there wasn't any screen time anyway, because as you mentioned, there's seven of them -- there's only so much that we could do. So again, in the future we have something cool planned for Aquaman and I think fans will really like it.
    Wow, they're burned out on Aquaman after one movie, and yet this will be like the 4th straight Justice League movie in which Batman will be the first or second main character.

Poor Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Wow, they're burned out on Aquaman after one movie, and yet this will be like the 4th straight Justice League movie in which Batman will be the first or second main character.

Poor Arthur.
    You know what bugs me the most? That I won't get to see Hal Jordon cracking the "Aquafresh" joke

I haven't really paid much attention to this movie, but wtf happened to wonder woman's costume? If they thought the bloomers were a bit much they should've just gone with the pants that she was originally supposed to sport. I agree, poor aquaman though, I hope they make a movie out of the trench arc that was such a good story.

I'm sure there are better properties from the new 52 that would make good movies without the big three surely.
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Poor Arthur.

according to this article Geoff Johns suggested they didn't need to use Aquaman, and just save him for a future film.

None of the heroes are really integral to this story or add a great deal. I guess you could make a case for Cyborg since he was the reason the Justice League won in the end.....if the film decides to stay true to the omic, also his New 52 origin is in this film. Outside of that it's like a Batman and Green Lantern adventure where they meet up with the rest of the Justice League along the way.

Aquaman we really only have his dialogue with Green Lantern, the shark scene and spearing Darkseid in the eye. But I won't pretend the other Justice League members bring a whole lot more to the story.

And Shazam wasn't in the story, so I'm curious how he will be used

I really hate how they're acting like the previous DC animated movies were connected.

They weren't. The only films that were really connected were the Batman / Superman movies and even then those are kinda debatable.

All of the movies in different universes, with different voice actors and different designs.

I hope this movie flops so at least we can save the animated universe from the wrath of N52.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    I really hate how they're acting like the previous DC animated movies were connected.

They weren't. The only films that were really connected were the Batman / Superman movies and even then those are kinda debatable.

All of the movies in different universes, with different voice actors and different designs.
    You COULD MAYBE make the argument that Superman Unbound could be connected to SM/BM Apocalypse since Supergirl is still pretty new to Earth when Brainiac shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon+ View Post
    I hope this movie flops so at least we can save the animated universe from the wrath of N52.
    If we get a Throne of Atlantis movie, or a movie based on the Trench, or a Court of Owls movie, then I'll be giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct0288 View Post
    What PR hogwash! Just be honest and say "We spend a lot maintaining the license for Captain Marvel and we want to shove him down fans' throats as hard as possible!"

"Saving" Aquaman? What BS. I will pass on Justice League: War as it wasn't even that impressive in the New 52 and certainly doesn't deserve its own (even if faulty) DCAU treatment.
    Yes, how dare they used an interesting character instead of one that YOU want, the bastards. And sorry, but putting Shazam in ONE movie isn't "shoving him down the fan's throats." Honestly, people need to stop just randomly throwing out words/phrases since they clear have NO idea what those words/phrases actually mean.