Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR's Top 100 Comics of 2013, #100 - 76

CBR's annual tradition returns as our reporters, reviewers and bloggers bring you the Top 100 comics of 2013 with long-running favorites, digital newcomers & more!

Full article here.

Nice list. I wish Thor God of Thunder placed higher.

I had not heard of Calling Dr. Laura before this list -- that sounds fascinating.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

Superman Adventures almost looks like the tie-in comic book to the '90's animated series...
    I'll probably pick up DC's Injustice and maybe The Fox as trade paperbacks. I like the Red Circle characters. DC's Impact! Comics line was pretty cool in the '90's. I liked The Comet, The Fly and The Crusaders. I'm actually sitting down to re-read The Comet. I don't have the complete run of The Fly or The Crusaders...maybe one day...

Wow Thor is ranked 81st? A lot of other sites are making it their #1 comic. This is a really low showing for such an amazing comic. I wonder what #1 will be.

Quote Originally Posted by AirDave View Post
    Superman Adventures almost looks like the tie-in comic book to the '90's animated series...
    Don't buy the comic expecting it to harken back to the Timmverse. Each issue is made by a different creative team who draws inspiration from wildly different eras/media.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    Don't buy the comic expecting it to harken back to the Timmverse. Each issue is made by a different creative team who draws inspiration from wildly different eras/media.
    Yup but fortunately none of them are the New 52 version. Or the Man of Steel version for that matter.
    Last edited by Ilash; 12-26-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

A couple of them sound interesting, but the only one I bought was Love & Rockets.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Of these 25, I also only bought Love & Rockets.

I'm glad Attack On Titan made it on this list. Really good right now. Can't wait to see the rest of this
    Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Avengers Arena, All-New X-Men, Avenging Spider-Man

DC: Batman, Teen Titans, Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Heliophoenix View Post
    Nice list. I wish Thor God of Thunder placed higher.
    That placement is a joke. No way does this book belong to be listed that low. Very questionable start already, CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    That placement is a joke. No way does this book belong to be listed that low. Very questionable start already, CBR.
    I love comments like these...they make SO much sense.

Cmon, man...one book isn't where YOU wish it was and you ignore the rest of the list? Disregarding the fact the book you like did make the list. Oh, and there are 75 more positions left, so nice job passing judgment early.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    I love comments like these...they make SO much sense.

Cmon, man...one book isn't where YOU wish it was and you ignore the rest of the list? Disregarding the fact the book you like did make the list. Oh, and there are 75 more positions left, so nice job passing judgment early.
    When your reading comprehension catches up to you, maybe you'll recognize I said nothing about ignoring anything. I said it's a questionable start. And there are a few other books in this listing besides Thor that should be higher too. That one just stood out more.

I can almost guarantee there'll be more that myself and others will highly disagree with, as usually is the case for things like this.

Save the best for last I hope. Out of that bunch I only read The Unwritten in collected editions. Need to get onto L&R: New Stories still and I'm interested in Paul Joins The Scouts and Incidents In The Night.

Considering how well reviewed it's been on CBR, I'm surprised Thor: God of Thunder placed so low. It's been a critical success since its relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    Have you read every other comic on the list?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress