Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Guardians of the Galaxy, #10

• Angela and Gamora go hunting.
    • Special guest artist Kevin Maguire (Justice League, Batman Confidential, X-Men)

Full article here.

They don't know what REALLY happen to Thanos, don't they ?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Maguire's still got the goods.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I really like Angela. Hopefully she's still in the book after the trial of jean grey crossover since i'll be skipping that.
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    They don't know what REALLY happen to Thanos, don't they ?
    Of course they don't.

GOTG is taking place in the same pocket universe the X-Books exist within.

You know, the one that's totally seperate from the rest of the 616 MU. LOL!

Ah, the joys of Marvel's supposedly shared universe.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Of course they don't.

The fact Thanos is in possession of the Illuminati (a secret group nobody knows exists) may suggest the status of Thanos is not so public.

Quote Originally Posted by b_the_brain View Post
    The fact Thanos is in possession of the Illuminati (a secret group nobody knows exists) may suggest the status of Thanos is not so public.
    That's odd though.
    It didn't seem like Thanos was defeated in secret.
    Thanos was Ambered in front of all the heroes gathered there.
    Captain America was in touch with Quill and Agent Brand aboard the S.W.O.R.D. space station since Cap seemed to know they had "guys on the inside" to help them return to earth.

I would think that Thanos currently being out of play is common knowledge to the entire super hero community.

Pangalactic Gargleblaster W0NK042's Avatar

Gamora must really be pulling some G's, in that final panel: Her face changes shape enough to make her suddenly look like She-Hulk.
    No I don't look sick, but then, you don't look dumb.

Change.Org - Bring Back Richard Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    That's odd though.
    Captain America was in touch with Quill and Agent Brand aboard the S.W.O.R.D. space station since Cap seemed to know they had "guys on the inside" to help them return to earth.

I would think that Thanos currently being out of play is common knowledge to the entire super hero community.
    Cap (and I guess the other 5-6 heroes that fought Thanos) was senseless when Thane defeated the father, in fact Stark awake him after arriving on the scene. While I agree that doesn't sound too realistic (entire civilizations were around the heart at the moment) I think for Hickman Thanos current status is not know.

So they really need to have Maguire back on after this issue. Dang.

That's odd though.

If they're going to keep him in the basement, that might not be something they want publically known. I'll wager people for various reasons might actually go looking for him if indeed it's known the earth heroes have him contained.

The notion that Thanos might have escaped and is in hiding at least puts earth off the radar.

That's odd though.

Thanos' status is probably general knowledge to the Avengers and Agents Brand and Hill.

His exact whereabouts are probably only known to a smaller circle. Cap, Brand and Hll probably know that Thanos is under guard in Wakanda.
    I'm pretty sure they DON'T know that the Illuminati keep him in the same broom closet that they keep thier planet killing weapons.

Or that the Illuminati have a broom closet full of planet killing weapons in the first place.

Why is Ryan Gosling on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Of course they don't.

I didn't see here that really contradicts anything.

1.) Gamora/Angela may not know the status of Thanos, the Illuminati are a secret organization, I doubt they're making this public. It's possible Brand/SHIELD/etc. simply are getting disinformation which regards with what happened to Thanos. Or they know and it simply hasn't made its way outside the US.

2.) Nothing they say here really indicates they don't know of Thanos' fighter either. They're attacking Thanos followers, who still exist even if Thanos is frozen

3.) The GOTG took part in Infinity, so there's no pocket-universe.

I'm fine with Iron Man and the rest of the Illuminati keeping Thanos a secret from the rest of the MU: after all, being secretive about these massive world-threatening events and individuals it the point of that team. However, by having Gamora and Angela chase after someone whom we know is in captivity already only makes them (and, by association, the Guardians) seem less competent: a scene showing Star-lord giving Iron Man a status report on locating Thanos and Iron Man going "great job so far, guys, keep it up" doesn't really help make the Guardians seem as competent as they've been sold to us as in the current volume (that'd be the equivalent of a kid going "Santa ate all the cookies I left him, but I didn't get to see him" and the father saying "Ah, it's ok, kiddo, you'll get him next year!"). Although who knows, maybe by the end of the issue Star-lord actually reveals that he knew where Thanos was all along, and simply agreed to let Angela and Gamora go on their scouting trip to give them a chance to blow off some steam and bond or something of the sort...

The "Lady Gamora? I like that. I'll have everyone call me that from now on" bit stuck in my craw here. First off, I don't know why Gamora is acting like this is the first time anyone has ever called her that (after all, in the current volume alone, Drax addressed her with that title on issue 8) and, if that title refers to her former position as a member of Thanos' "guard", why would she want to keep it (after all those hissy fits during the last two issues)? Plus, if you choose to read it in a certain way, there's a whole other "breaking the fourth wall" interpretation that's iffy at best, and pretentious at worst. I don't just know anymore...