Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Unless Thane were to also travel into another universe when travelling back in time, it can't be him, since according to Black Swan, the Great Destroyer's birth resulted in the destruction of his universe which caused the incursions.
    That is why I think a time loop has occurred. His birth, then manipulation by Ebony Maw leads to him becoming the great destroyer, and his destruction of the 616 universe starts the incursions. If the 616 universe is the first destroyed, preventing it's destruction would stop the incursions, because they would never have started. Of course, they can just throw some device in to eventually solve the arc that Hickman has planned. While these are all parallel Earths, why does it have to be parallel in time? Time is already damaged, so perhaps the future is the past, and they need to "fix" things before things can continue on as they were supposed to. Perhaps it was this conundrum loop is what put the High Tribunal on his ass, rather than some all powerful bad guy looming in the wings.

I am excited about the possibilities, I just want to writing to finally get around to showing us some possibilities. I love the comic, but I also would like something to happen to move things forward. I am hoping Strange doesn't get too damaged, even if they are planning a film, that would be at earliest 2 years out. Strange has suffered a lot of abuse since his comic went bye bye years ago. I can see them continuing on the same Strange screws up idea, and then just throwing a mini series in a venture to redeem him sometime late 2015. I would like to see him succeed in something a little sooner than that. Especially after his 50th anniversary year was a total bust in the one comic he is a supposed regular in.

Strange has suffered a lot of abuse since his comic went bye bye years ago. I can see them continuing on the same Strange screws up idea, and then just throwing a mini series in a venture to redeem him sometime late 2015. I would like to see him succeed in something a little sooner than that. Especially after his 50th anniversary year was a total bust in the one comic he is a supposed regular in.
    Yeah I'm a bit worried for Strange as well, as Hickman doesn't seem to use him properly. Strange should be communicating with beings across realities to see what is up with the Incursions.

I hope that if he is going to be incapacitated it's because he makes the ultimate sacrifice to temporarily save the world from Incursions, rather than he screws up b/c Hickman wants to show magic < science.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Unless Thane were to also travel into another universe when travelling back in time, it can't be him, since according to Black Swan, the Great Destroyer's birth resulted in the destruction of his universe which caused the incursions.
    Did I mention time travel makes my head hurt?

Yes, but Black Swan isn't a reliable info source. And even if what she said is true, did she mean his physical birth, or would Thane transforming into the Great Destroyer, count as his "birth?" In which case, it could happen in any universe, not just 616.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeFan View Post
    That is why I think a time loop has occurred. His birth, then manipulation by Ebony Maw leads to him becoming the great destroyer, and his destruction of the 616 universe starts the incursions. If the 616 universe is the first destroyed, preventing it's destruction would stop the incursions, because they would never have started. Of course, they can just throw some device in to eventually solve the arc that Hickman has planned. While these are all parallel Earths, why does it have to be parallel in time? Time is already damaged, so perhaps the future is the past, and they need to "fix" things before things can continue on as they were supposed to. Perhaps it was this conundrum loop is what put the High Tribunal on his ass, rather than some all powerful bad guy looming in the wings.
    So, the first incursion happens in the future? <pained look>

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeFan View Post
    I am excited about the possibilities, I just want to writing to finally get around to showing us some possibilities. I love the comic, but I also would like something to happen to move things forward. I am hoping Strange doesn't get too damaged, even if they are planning a film, that would be at earliest 2 years out. Strange has suffered a lot of abuse since his comic went bye bye years ago. I can see them continuing on the same Strange screws up idea, and then just throwing a mini series in a venture to redeem him sometime late 2015. I would like to see him succeed in something a little sooner than that. Especially after his 50th anniversary year was a total bust in the one comic he is a supposed regular in.
    As far up the movies's buttocks as Marvel editorial has their stories wedged, I'm fairly certain if there is a Strange movie, there WILL be a Strange ongoing, with big name talent to boot.

That said, expect Hickman to put Strange through the wringer. Which, I could live with, if we actually get a Strange story line that benefits the character. And I'm always optimistic at the beginning of the year, so I'm hopeful that the story gets out of Wakanda and gets rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sciborg View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit worried for Strange as well, as Hickman doesn't seem to use him properly. Strange should be communicating with beings across realities to see what is up with the Incursions.

I hope that if he is going to be incapacitated it's because he makes the ultimate sacrifice to temporarily save the world from Incursions, rather than he screws up b/c Hickman wants to show magic < science.
    Hickman isn't really using Strange at all, properly or not.

I hate to say it, but I think there's going to be a screw up. That just seems to be the deconstruction theme he's going with. At some point, I believe he'll have the pendulum swing back and the Illuminati all will be rebuilt characterwise, but right now, it's in the demo phase.

It would be nice if Hickman played with the magic stuff more. I'd like to see his take on it.