Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    So she just said that for no reason other than to sound cool?

Johns has already written Wonder Woman killing, both on panel, and in the New 52. How much more obvious can you get?

It severly reduces the chances of getting a baby, and you can also get an abortion.

By no standard was Zola immoral for sleeping around, unless you follow the ideology of Phil Robertson.

Says the self-proclaimed "Moral Monster".
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    He is the goddamn batman!!! no competition for Zola here. but what are the other aspects that Batman have and Zola is lacking?
    From where she is coming from poor, alone, she is a good character.

Come on Blacksun, I know you love Azzarello's run but do you really need me to explain why I find Batman much more interesting than Zola? Really???

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Ohh look, Diana is not only a diplomat with the afforded immunity but she also happens to be the second most powerful human being on the planet.

I'm sure if Waller wanted Wonder Woman in custody, she'd send Power Girl or someone else with incredible abilities after her. She could also hire a sorcerer, trap her in another dimension, or use some sort of biological warfare on Wonder Woman.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Guy View Post
    Says the self-proclaimed "Moral Monster".
    I'm not sure how to respond to this without using sarcasm, which is apparently banned on these boards.

I do find it hard to believe someone could so easily forget the legendary SteveGus and his posts describing a funny book he didn't like as being 1 degree away from the destruction of religious artifacts. Because Azzarello comitted such an offense, he christened him with the status of "moral monster". I thought this was funny. That's the joke.

And slut shaming is far less moral than anything I've ever posted.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond to this without using sarcasm, which is apparently banned on these boards.

I do find it hard to believe someone could so easily forget the legendary SteveGus and his posts describing a funny book he didn't like as being 1 degree away from the destruction of religious artifacts. Because Azzarello comitted such an offense, he christened him with the status of "moral monster". I thought this was funny. That's the joke.

And slut shaming is far less moral than anything I've ever posted.

I don't think I was on these boards yet when that incident with SteveGus happened or I simply never viewed that particular post. Regardless, to sport it in your headline for so long still makes me raise an eyebrow, especially when you're almost always rude to me simply because I don't like Azzarello's Wonder Woman.

I never called Zola a "slut".
    Last edited by Power Guy; 12-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ropeburn39 View Post

Problem with all you complainers is that Zola's not a real person. I don't see what the harm is in slut-slamming a made-up two dimensional person. She's fiction! She's not going to feel bullied and hang herself like an emotionally unbalanced person would. No, she's going to continue to be the "apple" in Diana's eye for whatever reason because that's how Azz is writing her. I never found anything to like about the character and I really can't see Perez's Diana not being more of a gentle but good influence ("use the power of the Vay-J-Jay only for good Zola").
    Some of you seem worried about potential effect of Azz's Wonder Woman on pre-teen readers, for whom it was not intended. Well, then, what about the result of messages like yours? There's nothing to stop kids form reading this forum. Will young Billy somewhere read your message and think it;s OK to tell young Suzy her mother's a slut because she has a had a couple of different male visitors to her house?

Probably not. But then, this T-rated comic book probably isn't going to be responsible for waves of ball-tugging, cannibalism and bestiality, either.

Also, it's nice to see you implicitly acknowledge that volume 3, which lost not merely two thirds but more than three quarters of its sales from Heinberg's #1 to Simone's 26 (to say nothing of what came after), had to be rebooted.
    Last edited by slvn; 12-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.

BANNED

I'm sure if Waller wanted Wonder Woman in custody, she'd send Power Girl or someone else with incredible abilities after her. She could also hire a sorcerer, trap her in another dimension, or use some sort of biological warfare on Wonder Woman.
    Very funny. Even Batman has failed to come up with an anti-WW weapon. Not to mention Waller has that small concern that if she failed in an attempt on Diana's life, then Diana would be a wee bit upset about that.
    Besides, we have seen that WW fares quite well against PG on normal occasions.

Very funny. Even Batman has failed to come up with an anti-WW weapon. Not to mention Waller has that small concern that if she failed in an attempt on Diana's life, then Diana would be a wee bit upset about that.
    Besides, we have seen that WW fares quite well against PG on normal occasions.

I think you underestimate Waller's tenacity when she wants something. Batman does have an anti-Wonder Woman weapon - Superman.

BANNED

I think you underestimate Waller's tenacity when she wants something. Batman does have an anti-Wonder Woman weapon - Superman.
    I think you overestimate her capabilities in this matter, a better bet would be Constantine. And no, Batman doesn't have an anti-WW weapon he can use against her, he has a hope that Superman can and will stop her without Batman or anyone else having to ask him to.

Come on Blacksun, I know you love Azzarello's run but do you really need me to explain why I find Batman much more interesting than Zola? Really???
    I know he is the goddamn batman I know, but I can't compare the two characters. he had all money to become Batman, now if we were talking about paris hilton...

I don't know why some people are too worried about this book being read by kids and pre-teens. They watched Glee that one of the first storylines was teen pregnancy. there's also the secret life of a american teenager with sex and teenage pregnancy.

I think you overestimate her capabilities in this matter, a better bet would be Constantine. And no, Batman doesn't have an anti-WW weapon he can use against her, he has a hope that Superman can and will stop her without Batman or anyone else having to ask him to.

So don't you think Waller could make some sort of deal with Constantine to bring her down?

As for Batman, how often is he wrong? Very rarely.

So don't you think Waller could make some sort of deal with Constantine to bring her down?

As for Batman, how often is he wrong? Very rarely.
    yeah, a little too mary sue. This happens specially in team books like Justice League, it's like him is the conscience of the team/writer

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I'm getting the impression that Steve had been dumped before she met Superman. Certainly a long time before she started anything with Superman. Two man does not a whore of Babylon make.
    I agree.. and largely because I was joking in an attempt at a humorous reply.

Ohh look, Diana is not only a diplomat with the afforded immunity but she also happens to be the second most powerful human being on the planet.
    Did Doomsday, Black Adam, Shazam, Manhunter, and a myriad of other superpowerful beings just get evicted from Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Did Doomsday, Black Adam, Shazam, Manhunter, and a myriad of other superpowerful beings just get evicted from Earth?
    Doomsday and the Martian Manhunter aren't human. You might have a point with Black Adam and Shazam though. What other humans (or in Diana's case, part humans) are on that list?
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/