Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No because she killed off the lesser foes.
    Azzarello is such a great guy, he want to protect her villains gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Power Guy View Post
    We have no proof of that.
    well she already killed villains in potential, so no joker type, no luthor type villains for her

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Azzarello is such a great guy, he want to protect her villains gallery

well she already killed villains in potential, so no joker type, no luthor type villains for her

Which super-villains has Wonder Woman killed in the New 52?
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

BANNED

So you think Johns' Warrior Woman reformed them? Really?

So you think Johns' Warrior Woman reformed them? Really?

I'm not going to assume anything until we see proof.

Yes, I think it's morally wrong but not exactly for the reason you specified. I think it's morally wrong for the effects it could have had on Zeke. Zola had sex with so many men recently that she needed Hermes' help in determining it was Zeus who had fathered Zeke. Without this help, Zeke may have grown up not knowing who his father was thus depriving him of a relationship with his father.
    Eh, she was working with estimated dates when an actual medical examination could have told her with far more accuracy when the kid was conceived. Even if there were multiple possibilities, there's medical science to sort that out too. Given this seems like an established pattern of behaviour for Zola and given that she doesn't have other kids, I'm loathe to assume that she was having unprotected sex with all and sundry. Especially given Zeus' reputation for knocking up women while impersonating the weather amongst other things. And while protection doesn't always work, at a certain point you have to acknowledge that things don't always go perfectly despite responsible intentions and throwing blame isn't the answer. Growing up without knowing his father would hardly be ideal, but if it was a loving, supportive environment, it would be less harmful than growing up in a toxic or dangerous family environment, or being abandoned by a parent at a later date, and sometimes that happens, too, even though when that family started out, it was with the best of intentions and no warning signs.

Her responsible behaviour after finding out she was going to have a baby counts for more with me than a scenario where I have to make assumptions about her sexual safety to even find it morally questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread View Post
    Eh, she was working with estimated dates when an actual medical examination could have told her with far more accuracy when the kid was conceived. Even if there were multiple possibilities, there's medical science to sort that out too. Given this seems like an established pattern of behaviour for Zola and given that she doesn't have other kids, I'm loathe to assume that she was having unprotected sex with all and sundry. Especially given Zeus' reputation for knocking up women while impersonating the weather amongst other things. And while protection doesn't always work, at a certain point you have to acknowledge that things don't always go perfectly despite responsible intentions and throwing blame isn't the answer. Growing up without knowing his father would hardly be ideal, but if it was a loving, supportive environment, it would be less harmful than growing up in a toxic or dangerous family environment, or being abandoned by a parent at a later date, and sometimes that happens, too, even though when that family started out, it was with the best of intentions and no warning signs.

Her responsible behaviour after finding out she was going to have a baby counts for more with me than a scenario where I have to make assumptions about her sexual safety to even find it morally questionable.

While I can appreciate your generosity towards her and her habits, I don't feel the same way. Do I think she should burn in Hades' realm for all eternity for her actions? No, but at the same time, she's not the kind of character that I'm interested in reading about.

BANNED

I'm not going to assume anything until we see proof.
    Well the proof is right in front of you there, so the question is whenever you want to accept it or not.

While I can appreciate your generosity towards her and her habits, I don't feel the same way. Do I think she should burn in Hades' realm for all eternity for her actions? No, but at the same time, she's not the kind of character that I'm interested in reading about.
    Out of genuine curiosity, do you feel that way because she got pregnant or because of her sexual habits generally? If the former, would your opinion change if it were made clear that she was being appropriately cautious but Zeus's godly, err, might, circumvented drugs and rubbers? If the latter, are you similarly disinterested in reading about characters like Batman (who was recently shown having quasi anonymous sex with Catwoman at the same time he was carrying on a relationship in Detective Comics and later that doomed pianist chick in The Dark Knight)?

Just because I was, err, vigorously arguing a point earlier, I want to reiterate, there's no need to explain yourself, it's just honest curiosity on my part.

Well the proof is right in front of you there, so the question is whenever you want to accept it or not.

Where does Wonder Woman say she killed anyone? Where are the bodies of her dead rogues? Why hasn't she been arrested for mass murder if you're correct?

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread View Post
    Out of genuine curiosity, do you feel that way because she got pregnant or because of her sexual habits generally? If the former, would your opinion change if it were made clear that she was being appropriately cautious but Zeus's godly, err, might, circumvented drugs and rubbers? If the latter, are you similarly disinterested in reading about characters like Batman (who was recently shown having quasi anonymous sex with Catwoman at the same time he was carrying on a relationship in Detective Comics and later that doomed pianist chick in The Dark Knight)?

Just because I was, err, vigorously arguing a point earlier, I want to reiterate, there's no need to explain yourself, it's just honest curiosity on my part.

Well, no form of birth control is 100% effective so the use or non-use of it is of little concern to me. As for Batman, yes, he has similar sex habits to Zola but he has enough other aspects that I find interesting that they overshadow his sexual behavior plus I don't read any of Batman's solo books. I only read about him in Justice League where his sex-life is rarely, if ever, touched upon or talked about.

BANNED

Where does Wonder Woman say she killed anyone? Where are the bodies of her dead rogues? Why hasn't she been arrested for mass murder if you're correct?
    And how exactly would you arrest someone that can tear battleships apart with their bare hands?

And how exactly would you arrest someone that can tear battleships apart with their bare hands?
    You're right. Every powerful meta should be allowed to roam free because it might be tough to arrest and incarcerate them . "Doomsday, Ultra Man, Kalibak you guys are off the hook. Look! it's the Rainbow Raider! Let's go get him!"
    "Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty." - Maester Aemon Targaryen, of Castle Black (Game of Thrones)

Well, no form of birth control is 100% effective so the use or non-use of it is of little concern to me. As for Batman, yes, he has similar sex habits to Zola but he has enough other aspects that I find interesting that they overshadow his sexual behavior plus I don't read any of Batman's solo books. I only read about him in Justice League where his sex-life is rarely, if ever, touched upon or talked about.
    He is the goddamn batman!!! no competition for Zola here. but what are the other aspects that Batman have and Zola is lacking?
    From where she is coming from poor, alone, she is a good character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ropeburn39 View Post
    You're right. Every powerful meta should be allowed to roam free because it might be tough to arrest and incarcerate them . "Doomsday, Ultra Man, Kalibak you guys are off the hook. Look! it's the Rainbow Raider! Let's go get him!"
    Ohh look, Diana is not only a diplomat with the afforded immunity but she also happens to be the second most powerful human being on the planet.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

So she just said that for no reason other than to sound cool?

Johns has already written Wonder Woman killing, both on panel, and in the New 52. How much more obvious can you get?

Well, no form of birth control is 100% effective so the use or non-use of it is of little concern to me.
    It severly reduces the chances of getting a baby, and you can also get an abortion.

By no standard was Zola immoral for sleeping around, unless you follow the ideology of Phil Robertson.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...