View Poll Results: Who is slumming worse?

Voters
68. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Monet

37 54.41%
  • Storm

31 45.59%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lol, that was me being sarcastic dude. Obviously if I were really asked to describe her I would just say black female.
    Gotta crash. Got class at sunrise.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy Marvelite View Post
    Monet isn't slumming it....with niether Strong guy or Darwin...

Strong guy gets bigger with kinetic impact....think about that.
    Is strong guy the bald one? I want him!
    "If you type my name, or anyone's, on the internet more than five times a week... You are a fan. No matter what you might think." --Brian Michael Bendis

Quote Originally Posted by JG0587 View Post
    Is he still heart attack prone? Or does he have a mutant pacemaker?
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Algerians and Europeans didn't make the statement. I did. I said she was black because her and her family are depicted with dark skin. Telling me what people in Algeria and Europe think is pretty pointless since 1) they were not the ones that made the statement and 2) you provided no factual basis for your claim. I can find North Africans and Europeans some of which are my friends who do identify as black so unless you have some means of proving what the majority or consensus think, your statement is pretty damn pointless.
    Just one correction, I said Europeans generally didn't identify Algerians (not themselves) as black (Europeans identify Algerians as Maghrebi or, colloquially, Arabs because most speak Arabic). As for the rest, no, you absolutely don't have to take the word of someone who actually lives in Europe in a country with many Algerian immigrants, and who in fact dated one. I am not going to prove you anything and, as I said many, many, many times now, you are entirely free to call Monet whatever you want. So please spare me that "my grave sin","I shouldn't say" routine. I just thought it was an interesting tangent given her origins but you are always free to shoehorn every people in the world into your US-centric categorization (hell, even your 2000 census classified Algeria as "white") or fall back on what white nationalists would think. It's okay.

We were not talking about more or less evil. We were talking about intent. Being aware of a risk and choosing to ignore it due to arrogance does not mean you did not intend to do something. I go to rob a bank with a loaded weapon and a bank teller gets murdered then that is still first degree murder even though I thought I could pull off the robbery without anyone getting hurt. The Hellfire Club and Emma intended to cause the X-men harm. Instead that harm was visited about the Brocoli people. They are damned either way because their intent was malicious to begin with. And Cyke and Emma's union is hard to believe because it goes against damn near any normal human response. To pretend like being apologetic or remorseful is akin to self flagellation suggests you have divorced yourself from normal human emotion. Being apologetic or remorseful when you commit an evil fucking act is called being a decent human being.
    "Clearly you don't feel the same. I get it."

So yeah, going round in circles. I'll give you the last word. Have a blast
    Last edited by Lutecius; 12-30-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Is he still heart attack prone? Or does he have a mutant pacemaker?
    Yeah forge built him one in the 90s Xfactor.

Quote Originally Posted by JG0587 View Post
    Both Darwin and Guido are bald.
    Next, Monet will hit on Jubilee's son (who will go bald in the future).

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    Just one correction, I said Europeans generally didn't identify Algerians (not themselves) as black (Europeans identify Algerians as Maghrebi or, colloquially, Arabs because most speak Arabic). As for the rest, no, you absolutely don't have to take the word of someone who actually lives in Europe in a country with many Algerian immigrants, and who in fact dated one. I am not going to prove you anything and, as I said many, many, many times now, you are entirely free to call Monet whatever you want. So please spare me that "my grave sin","I shouldn't say" routine. I just thought it was an interesting tangent given her origins but you are always free to shoehorn every people in the world into your US-centric categorization (hell, even your 2000 census classified Algeria as "white") or fall back on what white nationalists would think. It's okay.

"Clearly you don't feel the same. I get it."

So yeah, going round in circles. I'll give you the last word. Have a blast
    Alas poor Lutecius, you have made a Quantum Leap in assuming that I am American (I am not) or that I have no experience with Algerians. I lived in London for 3 years and visited close to 20 countries while there including Algeria, Tunisia, and Morocco. I too have dated several people from North Africa because as I said due to my mixed heritage, I am often confused for just about any people of color you can think of including North African. So I am fully aware that most Algerians descend from the Berber people who like me have a mixed heritage (white, arab, and black). Just as I am fully aware that North Africans are considered Caucasoid dating back to Cristoph Meiners and Johann Blumenbach who first sought to define race. That doesn't make that definition or the US Census any less inaccurate because again most North Africans are mixed with among other things black if we were to limit black to those people from Sub-Saharan Africa.

Of course, none of this was ever the point. It was not about shoehorning people poor lad/lass. We are on a comic book message forum and I made a joke about my sisters dating white boys. It was a joke and as I thought ZNOP pointed out quite clearly with his question about how to describe Monet, when one is quickly describing a group of people with dark skin like for example when making a joke, black is the most obvious way to describe them Monet included. I just found it amusing that you assumed you knew things I didn't in deciding to take a joke and go on a soapbox about dark skinned people not identifying with black so decided to join you down in the rabbit hole.

Now of course, if you want we can discuss the history of race further as I sure would love to get some use out of my old thesis on the matter as being mixed, it was a topic that always fascinated me or you can accept that when one sees someone with dark skin in a comic book, they are going to call them black and there really is no need to try and get into the complicated issue of race and identity on a comic book message forum in response to a joke no less and do so by presuming you know the background and experiences of the person with whom you are debating with because sadly you don't.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-30-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"