Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR SUNDAY CONVERSATION: Skottie Young

CBR enters the studio of fan-favorite artist Skottie Young for a fireside chat about holiday memories, sharing all-ages comics, and pizza husbandry.

Full article here.

Great interview. Really loving these!

Cool interview. But I guess I'm like his son who doesn't like pizza, as I really cannot stand some of the 'new' styles artists have been bringing to the table, Andrade's stuff included. In fact, the art is a specific reason I'm not ordering some of the 'all new' marvel books... diversity is fine, but it's lame when a comic finally comes along featuring a character I like, and the artist's style makes it impossible for me to want to read that book.

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    Cool interview. But I guess I'm like his son who doesn't like pizza, as I really cannot stand some of the 'new' styles artists have been bringing to the table, Andrade's stuff included. In fact, the art is a specific reason I'm not ordering some of the 'all new' marvel books... diversity is fine, but it's lame when a comic finally comes along featuring a character I like, and the artist's style makes it impossible for me to want to read that book.
    At least with Marvel, artists are transitory. Just wait the story arc out and, boom, new artist.

Scottie Young's covers are among my favorite variants. They're funny, they're cheerful, and they put a smile on my face even if the comic sucks. I normally don't care for variants, but Scottie Young makes them worth it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme