Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well to the surprise of no one , A&E changed their minds on suspending Phil Robertson . Knowing the redneck was just too damn powerful to stop.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...versy/4224507/
    Yo, A&E! Congratulations on putting profit and ratings ahead of morality! But hey, I expected no less since they knew what they were getting into with Robertson from jump street.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    Keep up that long slide into irrelevancy, A&E. We salute you.
    Indeed. A&E is right there with TLC and Honey Boo Boo. There's no "Art" on that channel anymore, and the "Entertainment" is for lowbrow reality show junkies these days.
    "We're from Philadelphia, and we fight."
    ---Chip Kelly, Head Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    Hey look its Joe from Family Guy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	123866

Palin is not a real redneck since she's not from the south !

Also i think Ted Nugent should qualify for the Rosa Parks of rednecks since he has been doing it longer than any of the other people mentioned.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    Also i think Ted Nugent should qualify for the Rosa Parks of rednecks since he has been doing it longer than any of the other people mentioned.
    Stop me if I'm mistaken, but Nugent is from Detroit, so he's no more a redneck than Palin is.
    "We're from Philadelphia, and we fight."
    ---Chip Kelly, Head Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nugent wasn't THE REDNECK though. He wasn't the status Redneck everyone wanted to be.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Palin is not a real redneck since she's not from the south !
    Alaska in the Florida of the North.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stop me if I'm mistaken, but Nugent is from Detroit, so he's no more a redneck than Palin is.
    You are right i realized this after about five minutes after i posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Nugent wasn't THE REDNECK though. He wasn't the status Redneck everyone wanted to be.
    So rednecks would rather admire a guy who has been carrying the flag for hunting for decades and had his own reality show even before these poseurs? and has been in two bands and is actually talented?

I've never ever watched Duck Dynasty (shit like that is why i cancelled my cable subscription a couple of years ago) but it's just about a family who make a living hunting ducks right? what's so interesting about that that they deserve their own reality show?

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Alaska in the Florida of the North.
    I wouldn't besmirch the fine state of Alaska like that just because they have one crazy idiot there.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There are a lot of rednecks in the north, there are even a lot in PA try getting away from the cities
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    There are a lot of rednecks in the north, there are even a lot in PA try getting away from the cities
    Yeah. Redneck's got nothing to do with being Southern or knowing what hard work is like and having a sunburn to prove it.

It's just an excuse to feel picked on, anymore, and drive around in big trucks being oppressive and getting your drink on. Or to draw in an audience who does.

Palin's not from Alaska, either. She's from Idaho. Bigotry knows no state line.

I've picked glass out of my hair in Nebraska for daring - light as I am - to date local whites. The public junior high I attended in Montana - in the 90s - had segregated dances.

Shit, even these Duck Dynasty guys, look, they're bosses. They're not workers. They're not somebody who has no options or doesn't know what they're saying or doing. They're bosses. They have money. They have a massive forum. Any poor ignorant provincial bullshit is just that, bullshit. It's a pretense that sells. They're doing a dance for TV.

Palin, Dubya, these chumps, it's a pretense that sells. Cheney, the evil older mastermind and Dubya the Texas yokel... fuck that. It's an excuse. It's a cheap get out of jail free card.

(And, seriously, if this Duck dude had a different accent and schtick, he'd just be another bigoted, sick in the head biblethumper making conspiracies on Jesus-it-up TV shows as to how homosexuals use special AIDS-delivery rings with blades on them.)
    Last edited by T Hedge Coke; 12-28-2013 at 11:15 PM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So rednecks would rather admire a guy who has been carrying the flag for hunting for decades and had his own reality show even before these poseurs? and has been in two bands and is actually talented?

I've never ever watched Duck Dynasty (shit like that is why i cancelled my cable subscription a couple of years ago) but it's just about a family who make a living hunting ducks right? what's so interesting about that that they deserve their own reality show?
    I think with Nugent he hasn't been popular in years. The last real big hit he had was in the 1990's as part of Damn Yankees. But his career is basically him carrying around some guns and bragging about his hunting. There hasn't been much to get into. Plus he can alienate more to his causes than help.

The Duck Dynasty ones though are like a rare island in a sea of reality shit. Where there is guys marrying 4 wives , midgets , and more ....its rare a family show could work reality tv wise. Yet it does with this. That to me is what lured more viewers. That family dynamic.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

the appeal of Duck Dynasty is that it went from a small family run business to a huge enterprise

self made success story

the unwashed masses love that shit....relatable and all that
    Support your local roller derby league