Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Young Avengers, #14

"Young Avengers" #14 by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, Emma Vieceli, Christian Ward and Annie Wu is the beginning of the "Afterparty," a two part epilogue that runs through the last two issues, containing many sweet and bittersweet encounters.

Full review here.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Does any other comic consistantly get so many 4-5 star reviews? This comic is glorious!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Does any other comic consistantly get so many 4-5 star reviews? This comic is glorious!
    It sounds like a joke, but the answer to your question is yes - the first 22 issues or so of Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts were pretty much acclaimed by most people reading them similarly. I'm not disposed to googling at the moment but you'll find if you read the reviews they are almost hyperbolic in their praise. I would tend to agree.

Does any other comic consistantly get so many 4-5 star reviews?
    Snyder's Batman has gotten better ratings for longer. Brubaker's (earlier) Cap run probably holds the record.

I wish people would give the Bechdel Test a rest! Technically if there was a male version of it, EVERY single character in Young Avengers would fail. Why? Because the relationships and dating lives of the characters are a key part of the series! It's superhero soap!

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I hope this comic is great. I have never read it but this line"Gillen's skills as a writer are also vibrantly on display here. America's characterization is so suddenly deepened that it's like watching like a flower bloom in fast forward, or alternately, it's like watching blood well up from a wound, because there's a profound undercurrent of pain and loss to America's story" is amazing. The book has to be great to deserve a line like that in its review.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls