Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: What Was The Greatest Final Issue to a Long-Running Creator-Owned Comic

What Was The Greatest Final Issue to a Long-Running Creator-Owned Comic

As "Locke and Key: Alpha" #2 concludes Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's epic, CBR would like to know what you feel was the greatest final issue of a long-running creator-owned comic book series

Vote on the poll here.

Zot! (was it not considered "long-running" enough?)

Preacher, Y: The Last Man and Strangers in paradise

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I voted 100 Bullets but see from the current results I am in the vast minority. One reason that I will stay there is that Y The Last Man is running away with it. I didn't get to the last issue, bailing out somewhere mid series. I was reading it, following along with the major buzz the series was getting, when "I had what the alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity." I realized that I despized that stupid series and that it was painfully, painfully bad. I was also amazed DMZ is a contender. DMZ's ending could only appeal to someone that thought Mass Effect had a brilliant ending.

My second place would be Preacher. I thought that it did a great job of wrapping up the story and also getting it back on track before doing so. It had really drifted but the final arc was really well done.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

No option for Fear Agent? :/
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    I voted 100 Bullets but see from the current results I am in the vast minority. One reason that I will stay there is that Y The Last Man is running away with it. I didn't get to the last issue, bailing out somewhere mid series. I was reading it, following along with the major buzz the series was getting, when "I had what the alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity." I realized that I despized that stupid series and that it was painfully, painfully bad. I was also amazed DMZ is a contender. DMZ's ending could only appeal to someone that thought Mass Effect had a brilliant ending.

My second place would be Preacher. I thought that it did a great job of wrapping up the story and also getting it back on track before doing so. It had really drifted but the final arc was really well done.
    100 Bullets was definately one of the top for me, but I voted DMZ. The ending was perfect for the series, but I am not someone who needs my heroes to ride off into the sunset, only for them to get the most appropriate ending for the story. I don't think it could have ended any other way. I was surprised to see Northlanders on the list. It may have been long running but didn't tell one long story so the end was no different than many others in the series.

I also loved Transmet, but the last few weren't as good as the first few. Haven't read Y and a few others on the list. Sweet Tooth ended pretty well though.

I like a bunch of your current favourites. I thought I was the only one reading 6th Gun!

Yikes. I've only read like six of those. Still waiting to find key issues of runs on Scalped and Northlanders before I sit down and read them.
    But of the ones I read I liked Y and Bone best and voted Bone.
    100 Bullets had no redeeming characters at all and I couldn't care less they all DIAF.
    Ex Mach turned Hundred into the villain at the end, so no.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Cerebus. One of the greatest series ever done with an ending that was worthy of the run.

YLM finale was tragically perfect.

I really think James Robinson's Starman series should be on this list!

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveVibe View Post
    I really think James Robinson's Starman series should be on this list!
    It's not a creator-owned series, though.
    BB