Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: All-New X-Factor #2

This January, Serval Industries newest employees infiltrate a heavily guarded A.I.M. base in the thrilling ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #2! And their first time in the field isn't going so well! From the blockbuster creative team of Peter David and Carmine Di Giandomenico comes an team unlike anything you've ever seen before! Led by mutant mistress of magnetism Polaris - it's up to the All-New X-Factor to fight their way through scores of A.I.M. agents armed to the teeth. But is there more to the mission than corporate backers Serval Industries are telling them? Don't miss Polaris, Quicksilver, and Gambit's first mission in ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #2. Because this January, it could be their last!

Full preview here.

Looking forward to this book, but the art is okay and those glasses need to go, ASAP!

Noooooo.... hype deflated a bit. As I suspected, Carmine's art is much better suited to dull colour tones and more drama oriented comics. Ad as Whalers77 said above, the glassses look foolish. They aren't cyborgs like Adam Jensen from Deus Ex! Where do they retract and how are what is literally just lens stuck on them!!??

The art is okay, but just a bit too cramped, maybe? It's hard to tell what's going on so far.

Can't wait!!!!

Fantastic.

When infiltrating hostile territory, I always recommend bright yellow jumpsuits...
    Mario Di Giacomo

Homosexual Propagandist Supernature's Avatar

I think the pencils/inks/lines/whatever are fine. The coloring is off though...

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1 View Post
    When infiltrating hostile territory, I always recommend bright yellow jumpsuits...
    It could be designed to blend in with those rediculous A.I.M. suits haha. The pannels are very cluttered but I am still excited for this book. Looks like Polaris fans will be plenty happy.
    - Rogue - Rachel Grey - Gambit - Havok - Nightcrawler -

Not a fan of that inking (if there is any at all) and coloring. It needs more shadows to make characters stand out more in those panels in my opinion. Everything looks really flat.

And goggles don't look right. They need to drop those ASAP. Need them indoors? really?

I love Peters writing so I'm going to give this a shot. And honestly Marvel never really has given the best artists to Peter to work with so I'm honestly not surprised here. But I'm going to stick with it for a bit and see where it goes.

Everyone pointing out that the 3 are wearing ridiculous colors and uniforms.. I think that's the point. Remember, they're working for a corporation who's trying to get into the super hero business, if you will. Of course they're going to supply their employees with obnoxious uniforms and tech to become more visible to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueRage View Post
    It could be designed to blend in with those rediculous A.I.M. suits haha. The pannels are very cluttered but I am still excited for this book. Looks like Polaris fans will be plenty happy.
    Oh yes we are!!!

I'm excited all over again...AGAIN!!! LOL
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

The jumpsuits are probably the corporation idea, for PR purposes. And the goggles might have a more practical purpose (infared, communications, etc). The art looks good to me as well.

The art looks pretty good but I'm also not a fan of the costume colors and the glasses.

I'm not sure about the cast either. Lorna, Pietro and Gambit are fine but Cypher, Warlock and Danger is just too many robots. PAD should have kept more of the old cast that wasn't used elsewhere. Not Madrox and Layla because he has used them too much (ok, I just don't like Layla, especially not grown up Layla) but maybe Rictor and Shatterstar and/or some New Mutant girls. Magma would be nice (so she wouldn't have to wait on tables).

The colored art looks kinda terrible