Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Recruiting 6 Spider-Man Villains For Sony's "Sinister Six"

Following Sony's announced film featuring the classic Spidey villain team, CBR runs down the bad guys we think are a lock to show up on the big screen.

Full article here.

The history of Superhero movies with multiple villains is pretty bad. So lets get six and make a real stinker.

I hope Mysterio gets the call up. The whole movie is basically going to be GCI anyway, give the Master of Illusions a chance to shine. I'm personally hoping The Spot gets picked for the obligatory comic relief sidekick, but I'm not holding my breath.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

^ Agreed. I'm surprised Mysterio got snubbed from this article, actually.

Didn't the Lizard survive ASM1? Why is no one picking Lizard in any of their lists?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The history of Superhero movies with multiple villains is pretty bad. So lets get six and make a real stinker.
    I doubt all six will be actively appearing in any of the Spider-Man movies at the same time. They'll likely only be brought together as a full team in the Sinister Six movie, where they'll probably function as an ensemble of protagonists, which changes the dynamics.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

And why not a movie with Miles Morales for change ^^

No. It's a team of supervillains, as we've seen before in EVERY X-Men movie. Heck, nobody watches The Fast and Furious movies and says "too many bad guys"! Or Star Wars and says "too many bounty hunters!"

Obviously some of them will get more attention than others, but that's to be expected.

But the idea that, say, Shocker is being wasted by being portrayed as a super-powered goon with not much to do but shoot vibrational blasts at Spider-Man REALLY MISSES THE POINT THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT SHOCKER IS FOR.

I agree with the first four on the list but the last two will be Lizard and Green Goblin. With a maybe chance of Black Cat instead of Lizard or adding the Cat to the six and having them all go against the Green Goblin.

It's either going to be a D/E list team or the big guys such as Mysterio etc. it's interesting to see which route.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I also want to see Mysterio in a movie.

This whole notion is really just about Spider-Man 3. Which has more to do with studio interference (must have Venom Raimi!) than the villains in the actual film.

Let's also keep in mind that one film vs the entirety of Spider-Man canon where he regularly faces multiple villains; it really isnt a contest. Spider-Man is at his best when he's overcoming the odds, and the best way to that (besides making him left metal machinery over his head) is to give a cast of villains to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    No. It's a team of supervillains, as we've seen before in EVERY X-Men movie. Heck, nobody watches The Fast and Furious movies and says "too many bad guys"! Or Star Wars and says "too many bounty hunters!"

Obviously some of them will get more attention than others, but that's to be expected.

But the idea that, say, Shocker is being wasted by being portrayed as a super-powered goon with not much to do but shoot vibrational blasts at Spider-Man REALLY MISSES THE POINT THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT SHOCKER IS FOR.
    Yeah. The Shocker is supposed to be a henchman type villain. Just because he wears a unique costume doesn't mean he is any less of a goon.

Charlie Day as Boomerang? Somehow you've made me want to see Boomerang in the Sinister Six even more.

I imagine this is what the roster will be: Rhino, Electro, Doc Ock, Vulture, Shocker, and the Black Cat. I don't think Beetle has been around long enough, but either her or Boomerang are good choices to bring the Superior Foes types story.

The Green Goblin is also another option. The Lizard is as well, but less so, since we left off with Dr. Connors. I also would find it hard to justify him working in a team given the lack of screen time we have to explain the nuances of the character. The Lizard was also fairly poorly received.

I HAVE THE GREATEST IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF "EVER". Killer idea. KILLER. IDEA. An epic Spider-man film, that draws on the character's rich media history from live-action television to film. A story so sweeping in it's scope, anything else will pale by comparison. A movie starring Nicholas Hammond as an Uncle Ben-type Spider-man, no longer in the uniform, swept to an alternate universe where he meets the Toby M. Spider-man. The events that bring them together are discovered to be experiments by OSCORP, in the new film universe, and those events are tearing holes in the space/time continuum. The villains can be a huge group comprised of the gangster-types from the tv show (who were prone to stand and wait for Fred Waugh to throw a net over them, I mean webbing), villains from the Toby films, even ones who died, and villains from the addled mind, sorry, creative musings of the producer(s) of Sony who spotted a random action figure on their offspring's floor and had an epiphany.

I mean, come on, I may sound sarcastic, but is this idea really ANY WORSE than some of the stories we've been subjected to in movies and comics the last five years plus??

(Sorry if I made any of you shoot your beverage of choice through your nostrils while reading this, I just had to blow off some steam.)

Green Goblin, Electro, Rhino, Lizard: the first 2 movies have already given us 2/3rds of the team. Just introduce 2 more (Doc Ock? Venom? Carnage? Sandman? Hydro Man? Scorpion? Tombstone? Mysterio? Chameleon? Kraven? Vulture? Shocker?...) and you're there!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...