Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Soule & Venditti Fight Over Sector 2814 In "Green Lantern/Red Lanterns"

Robert Venditti and Charles Soule discuss their "Green Lantern/Red Lantern" flip-book issue, Supergirl as a Red Lantern and Guy Gardner's sweet mustache.

Full article here.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Bleez bleez bleez

Honestly, how does Charles Soule find time to do all of this?? And I actually quite like the idea of Supergirl becoming a Red Lantern, at least temporarily. It makes some sense for where the character is right now.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Red Lanterns, Saga, Silver Surfer, Swamp Thing, The Wake, Wonder Woman

So, looks like I'll be skipping Green Lantern that month too. Thanks for saving me money DC!
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    -- Alfred Lord Tennyson --

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard01 View Post
    So, looks like I'll be skipping Green Lantern that month too. Thanks for saving me money DC!
    Honestly, no one cares.
    i love the dc new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. k0 View Post
    Honestly, no one cares.
    Honestly, you cared enough to respond.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Honestly, how does Charles Soule find time to do all of this?? And I actually quite like the idea of Supergirl becoming a Red Lantern, at least temporarily. It makes some sense for where the character is right now.
    He's on the new Thunderbolts story next month, so it's safe to bet that he's done all he's going to do for DC for a while.

Yes. I'm sure skipping Green Lantern for giving you 20 pages more for free makes sense.

This is clearly another crossover event where the GL issue that month requires you to read the RL issue to get the whole story... Oh wait. It's not.

Will Kara be part of the "Red Lantern" supporting cast, or will she be a character who pops in every now and then from Tony's book?

Soule: No, she's a Red Lantern. Red Lanterns are not the kind of people you want to shuffle around, they're dangerous, and you have to keep an eye on them -- and Guy Gardner feels fairly responsible for her. He's not the reason she's a Red Lantern, but at the same time, she's someone that he wants to keep an eye on, so she's there, she's part of the cast, for sure.
    Ah so I'll be picking up Red Lanterns too for Supergirl each month including her solo book. I'm glad they answered that question. The only other question I want answered about this is does the Supergirl stuff start in Green/Red Lanterns #28? Need to know if I should buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    He's on the new Thunderbolts story next month, so it's safe to bet that he's done all he's going to do for DC for a while.
    Huh? Nothing about the above makes sense. He's been on Thunderbolts for a while. He was just announced as the guy who is doing Inhumanity instead of Matt Fraction. Is that what you mean? I'm betting he leaves Thunderbolts, by the way, to do Inhumanity, and that they're waiting to make the announcement. Swamp Thing is his best reviewed book, Superman/Wonder Woman is his highest selling book (until Inhumanity at least), She Hulk is a book he's uniquely suited to, and Red Lanterns is high visibility. Thunderbolts sold a bit more than Swamp Thing, but only thanks to Infinity (I think). I'm betting he drops that one.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Yes. I'm sure skipping Green Lantern for giving you 20 pages more for free makes sense.

This is clearly another crossover event where the GL issue that month requires you to read the RL issue to get the whole story... Oh wait. It's not.
    To buy Green Lantern, I also have to buy Red Lanterns. Any way you slice it, part of my money goes to support a book I don't like, with a story arc that craps on a character that I DO like.

20 free pages. Wow. Too bad those 20 free pages are part of the "Supergirl sucks more than ever" initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Ah so I'll be picking up Red Lanterns too for Supergirl each month including her solo book. I'm glad they answered that question. The only other question I want answered about this is does the Supergirl stuff start in Green/Red Lanterns #28? Need to know if I should buy it.
    It sounds like it does. Also it sounds like it'll be essential reading to setup the events of Red Lanterns in the following arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Same here...co-signd!

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post

Well said...Agreed!

To buy Green Lantern, I also have to buy Red Lanterns. Any way you slice it, part of my money goes to support a book I don't like, with a story arc that craps on a character that I DO like.
    I think you misunderstand how "buy one get one free" works. You don't have to buy Red Lanterns if you buy Green Lantern, you get given Red Lanterns completely and utterly free when you buy Green Lantern. The price is exactly the same as a single Green (or Red) Lantern issue, so you're paying no more or less for the same product, you just get an extra product completely and utterly free of charge.

20 free pages. Wow. Too bad those 20 free pages are part of the "Supergirl sucks more than ever" initiative.
    If it really bothers you, just don't read those extra 20 pages. It's no loss on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    I think you misunderstand how "buy one get one free" works. You don't have to buy Red Lanterns if you buy Green Lantern, you get given Red Lanterns completely and utterly free when you buy Green Lantern. The price is exactly the same as a single Green (or Red) Lantern issue, so you're paying no more or less for the same product, you just get an extra product completely and utterly free of charge.

If it really bothers you, just don't read those extra 20 pages. It's no loss on your part.
    So I should buy a book, knowing that I'm boosting sales on a book I don't want to support, and what? Rip the book in half and throw the Red Lantern crap in the garbage?

And anyway you slice it, I'd be buying both Green Lantern #28 AND Red Lanterns #28. Thus? Boosting sales for Red Lanterns. Especially this arc with rage-aholic Supergirl. No thanks.