Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Thor: God of Thunder, #18

• A tale of Young Thor, in the age of the Vikings. Here be a dragon. 'Nuff said.

Full article here.

Looks great, looking forward to it. Thor: God of Thunder is on of my favourites at the moment!

This may be a personal thing but the artwork for this issue isn't doing it for me. Glad to see more of Young Thor though.

He who breeds Pestilence TheSpawnOfDeth's Avatar

This looks like hate it or love it art, and I seem to lean toward to former.
    Waiting for book:Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Quicksilver[x]Ghost Rider[x], Bucky Barnes[x], Gambit[x]

Favorite Marvel book: Uncanny Avengers/Favorite DC book: Animal-Man

I hate first-world feminist.

Some of the panels look fantastic, others... not so much, but I could dig it. I'm REALLY looking forward to Ribic being back on the title however, he's the perfect Thor artist imo. Loving Aaron's run so far!

I noticed under "Story By" it says Jason Aason. Might want to change that.

See? This was a "Marvel NOW" title a year ago and the sold the creative time as being on the title a long time. And what has happened? We've had the sub-par Ron Garney and now this new artist is very rough and turns in a rushed work.

Marvel has done this on every single goddamn Marvel NOW title EXCEPT for Bendis who, for some unfathomable reason, always gets the best artists working for Marvel. I've dropped all the Marvel titles I used to buy because of this artist swapping. Marvel can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by il Mysterio View Post
    See? This was a "Marvel NOW" title a year ago and the sold the creative time as being on the title a long time. And what has happened? We've had the sub-par Ron Garney and now this new artist is very rough and turns in a rushed work.

Marvel has done this on every single goddamn Marvel NOW title EXCEPT for Bendis who, for some unfathomable reason, always gets the best artists working for Marvel. I've dropped all the Marvel titles I used to buy because of this artist swapping. Marvel can go to hell.
    Ribic took an arc off. He's back for the next arc.

YES!! Young Thor needs his own title!! Young Thor with all drinking, women, killing? WOW!! It would give you a whole new prospect of who & where the modern Thor has come from... And the King Thor is going...

Interesting look. Not too bad for a one-shot story. Intrigued at the Pre-Mjolnir Thor.

Confused by custom titles

Quote Originally Posted by il Mysterio View Post

Dude, chill -- Ribic is back next arc... and Garney was all right. If anything, it was Jason Aaron who seemed to mail it in during the 2nd arc.

If this oneshot is 1/16 as good as issue 12, it would be worth the pick-up. It's a shame the Malekith arc was so goddamn bad, but I have high hopes for the Ribic arc coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Ribic took an arc off. He's back for the next arc.
    Two arcs you mean, since he didn't draw the last one either. Are you SURE he's coming back or is Marvel just going to keep switching between below average artists?
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Two arcs you mean, since he didn't draw the last one either. Are you SURE he's coming back or is Marvel just going to keep switching between below average artists?
    One arc and a one-shot to be precise and yes its been confirmed in the solicits.

I've always loved how the story of Marvel's finest superhero starts off with him being thrown out of home for being a bit of a dick. Love Aaron's young Thor. For the first time you can really see why daddy threw him out of home. Agree that his own series would be brilliant.

The pencils look good to me, but it's inked and coloured a bit strangely. There's a heavy line around all the figures that looks kind of amateurish.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 12-20-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Haven't read Thor in a while. Is Heimdall black in the comics now too?