Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,982

    Default PREVIEW: "Superior Spider-Man", #25

    This January, the Superior Spider-Man reaches his landmark 25th issue - but will it be his last?! From all-star creators Dan Slott, Christos Gage, and Humberto Ramos comes the shocking conclusion of Darkest Hours! For years, the symbiote has tried to return to its original host - and now it finally has! Peter Parker was strong enough to overcome the symbiote's dark grasp - but is Otto Octavius? The Superior Spider-Man is no more. There is only...the Superior Venom!!
    It's all been leading to this! As the Superior Venom battles the Avengers - the Goblin King's final pieces fall into place. And seeds sown here bear bitter fruit in the upcoming Goblin Nation arc! Not everyone will make it to issue #26. You cannot afford to miss the utterly shocking SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25!


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Can we please see a Venom-infected Thor?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNo View Post
    Can we please see a Venom-infected Thor?
    Read What If Vol 2 #4. You'll get your wish there, abeit briefly.

    Kinda feeling a little sorry for Otto, though the guy has probably brought it on himself, I don't see his identity remaining secret for much longer. Hoping once Peter is back they don't just shunt him into the villain role again, I want Superior to have meant something to the character.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.

  4. #4
    Superior Gamma Burst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Looking so much fun!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Darthfury78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Read What If Vol 2 #4. You'll get your wish there, abeit briefly.

    Kinda feeling a little sorry for Otto, though the guy has probably brought it on himself, I don't see his identity remaining secret for much longer. Hoping once Peter is back they don't just shunt him into the villain role again, I want Superior to have meant something to the character.
    I want to see Otto as Spock for at least another year. Only this time, everyone will know that he's NOT Peter Parker. Meaning that he'll have to change tactics.

  6. #6

    Default

    this happened once in the ultimate spiderman.... peter got the symbiote on him Cap got thrown half way across NY and thor one shotted him

  7. #7
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I want to see Otto as Spock for at least another year. Only this time, everyone will know that he's NOT Peter Parker. Meaning that he'll have to change tactics.
    2yrs of everyone acting ignorant I don't think I can take. I hope some more heroes at least find out About Spock.

  8. #8

    Default

    Maybe Ock is going to stay as Venom and Peter will come back. Its kind of obvious, thats the main strike against that theory. It would be weird to have the Venom-Ock-Spider-Man combo around for a while. VeSpOck? SpOVck? SpOckem?
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

  9. #9
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    I'm generally not a big fan of Ramos' work, but those are some nice pages, esp. the scenes with Thor.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

    Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

  10. #10
    Junior Member voodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I want to see Otto as Spock for at least another year. Only this time, everyone will know that he's NOT Peter Parker. Meaning that he'll have to change tactics.
    You mean him on the run with avengers etc tracking him down, that would be a great second year

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe Ock is going to stay as Venom and Peter will come back. Its kind of obvious, thats the main strike against that theory. It would be weird to have the Venom-Ock-Spider-Man combo around for a while. VeSpOck? SpOVck? SpOckem?
    Can't see that happening since Venom is joining Guardians of the Galaxy

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    Can't see that happening since Venom is joining Guardians of the Galaxy
    Why couldn't it be Superior Venom that joins Guardians of the Galaxy? Seems like that would be a perfect way to get rid of him to pave the way for Peter's return.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

  13. #13
    Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drno View Post
    can we please see a venom-infected thor?
    "spider-man, we would have words with thy brain!"
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

    -Gitaroo_Dude

  14. #14
    Life is Viewtiful jaytalks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    66

    Default

    The last issue was awesome! I just have to keep rereading it. I think the TPB will be named Superior Venom as opposed to Darkest Hours.

    One more thing: I really like the title Darkest Hours. It has double meaning. It's the darkest hours for SpOck, as he spirals out of control and becomes a villain again. But it's also the darkest hours for Flash, as he has only hours left to live without the symbiote.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Phantom Roxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Why couldn't it be Superior Venom that joins Guardians of the Galaxy? Seems like that would be a perfect way to get rid of him to pave the way for Peter's return.
    So Otto would go from pretending to be Spider-Man and avoiding people finding out that he's just impersonating someone… to pretending to be Venom and avoiding people finding out that he's just impersonating someone?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •