Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Default Green Arrow (Smallville) vs Green Arrow (Arrow TV show)

Both Oliver's square off.

Round 1: Hand to hand only.

Round 2: Normal bow and normal set of arrows (ten each).

Round 3: Each with their standard high tech arrows included.

Round 4: Accuracy/speed. Each has five arrows and must hit five moving targets at 100 yards in the quickest time.

Which Green Arrow is the winner?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Round 1: Hand to hand only. - Arrow seems to have better pure HtH feats. That said, Smallville Ollie had some sort of super-roids he was juicing for a while - on those, he probably takes it.

Round 2: Normal bow and normal set of arrows (ten each). - Arrow seems to shoot more arrows, more quickly. While I don't think his accuracy is NEARLY as insane as Smallville Ollie, he ought to be able to get enough arrows into the air to hit the guy. He also seems likely quick enough to handle a couple of incoming shots a bit more easily.

Round 3: Each with their standard high tech arrows included. - Smallville Ollie has better arrows, and more of them.

Round 4: Accuracy/speed. Each has five arrows and must hit five moving targets at 100 yards in the quickest time. Smallville Ollie ought to take this, depending on the target size and speed. His accuracy is FAR better, whereas Arrow Ollie actually, you know, misses sometimes.

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Round 1: Hand to hand only. - Arrow seems to have better pure HtH feats. That said, Smallville Ollie had some sort of super-roids he was juicing for a while - on those, he probably takes it.
    Hey, if Smallville Ollie has his one shot super steroids, Arrow Ollie should have an hallucination in full "get up you son of a bitch, cause Tommy loves ya" mode!

Otherwise, mostly agreed with you. I'd give Arrow Ollie slightly better chances than you seem to do in Round 4 because of his tennis balls feat from the pilot and because it is an archery contest, and not a fight where he has to be careful not to be shot at while firing his arrows, but yeah, Smallville Ollie still should take it because let's be honest, his archery skills were ridiculous.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 12-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Not exactly, it was a serum that could heal injuries(like a gunshot wound), but also would increase rage..but it didn't exactly increase his strength. Though he only used them for an episode so he doesn't normally use them. Plus I doubt Arrow would give him time to inject himself with it. He was tested by the government though and they said something along the lines of him having somewhat superhuman coordination and the like. Well not superhuman, they said it was "off the charts" though.

Round 2: Normal bow and normal set of arrows (ten each). - Arrow seems to shoot more arrows, more quickly. While I don't think his accuracy is NEARLY as insane as Smallville Ollie, he ought to be able to get enough arrows into the air to hit the guy. He also seems likely quick enough to handle a couple of incoming shots a bit more easily.
    With this one I could go either way, even without his gadgets Smallville Arrow was a pretty insane archer.

Round 3: Each with their standard high tech arrows included. - Smallville Ollie has better arrows, and more of them.
    Yep, horrible stomp here for Smallville.

Round 4: Accuracy/speed. Each has five arrows and must hit five moving targets at 100 yards in the quickest time. Smallville Ollie ought to take this, depending on the target size and speed. His accuracy is FAR better, whereas Arrow Ollie actually, you know, misses sometimes.
    Yeah the Smallville one has some insane accuracy and can make some shots from a pretty huge distance away(See his shooting an arrow from his balcony all the way to the daily planet globe and the arrow hitting the specific country on the globe he'd decided to aim for).
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah the Smallville one has some insane accuracy and can make some shots from a pretty huge distance away(See his shooting an arrow from his balcony all the way to the daily planet globe and the arrow hitting the specific country on the globe he'd decided to aim for).
    One of my favorite feats from the show for someone other than Clark. It was so casual, he didn't even look, he was like "Madasgar" (I don't remember the actual country), leaned back, shot up, and the arrow hit the spinning globe a half mile away on the country he specified. The only other live-action person I see pulling something like that off is MCU Hawkeye.

One of my favorite feats from the show for someone other than Clark. It was so casual, he didn't even look, he was like "Madasgar" (I don't remember the actual country)
    It was Borneo, actually :).

I seem to remember Smallville Ollie using an arrow to intercept a bullet at one point. BS, but he did it. Hand to hand goes to The Hood. Anything else goes to Smallville Ollie.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    I seem to remember Smallville Ollie using an arrow to intercept a bullet at one point. BS, but he did it.
    You remember right. However, he has nothing else that comes close in terms of speed during the five seasons he's on the show, so I'd be inclined to count it as SMvFL.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

One of my favorite feats from the show for someone other than Clark. It was so casual, he didn't even look, he was like "Madasgar" (I don't remember the actual country), leaned back, shot up, and the arrow hit the spinning globe a half mile away on the country he specified. The only other live-action person I see pulling something like that off is MCU Hawkeye.
    Is that a consistent type of showing from him then?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Pretty much - the only time I remember him missing with an arrow in over 5 seasons was when he intentionally missed to charm Lois.

More or less yeah. Keep in mind unlike the Arrow series this Ollie was on a show with a vastly powerful metahuman as it's star, so they had to up the ante with him a bit so he didn't appear 100% useless, especially once he joined as a series regular and one of the main characters for the last 3-4 seasons.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I'm watching the episode with Dark Archer right now, and he hit Lois in an exact spot above her heart that incapacitated but didn't kill her from quite a distance (I'd guesstimate 100 yards or so). Chloe stated if it had been 1 cm to either the right or left Lois would have died.

That's the kind of accuracy Smallville GA had.
    Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Justice League, Justice League of America, Supergirl, Superman, Superman: Unchained, Superman/Wonder Woman
    I like both SM/WW and Clois, crazy right?

More or less yeah. Keep in mind unlike the Arrow series this Ollie was on a show with a vastly powerful alien as it's star, so they had to up the ante with him a bit so he didn't appear 100% useless, especially once he joined as a series regular and one of the main characters for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Fixed for accuracy.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Pretty much - the only time I remember him missing with an arrow in over 5 seasons was when he intentionally missed to charm Lois.
    Even then, he technically hit the target. He seems to have missed the can, but after Lois leaves we see a close up and he hooked the tab.

More or less yeah. Keep in mind unlike the Arrow series this Ollie was on a show with a vastly powerful metahuman as it's star, so they had to up the ante with him a bit so he didn't appear 100% useless, especially once he joined as a series regular and one of the main characters for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Plus the other series regulars were Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Zatanna, Cyborg, Impulse...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    I seem to remember Smallville Ollie using an arrow to intercept a bullet at one point.
    Yeah, that's the first thing that popped to mind when I read the OP. Just absolutely insane accuracy. Arrow's a beast, but goddamned if Smallville GA wasn't an accuracy god!