Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Origin II, #1

Part 1 of 5! A few years after the events of ORIGIN finds James Howlett running with the wolves...until something unexpected brings him back into the world of Follow the first "X-Man" as he finds his way back to civilization and falls afoul of someone Sinister, who's just discovering mutantkind and the horrors he can visit on them. Plus, discover the secret behind James' greatest enemy! At some point, the mutant who will become The Wolverine must choose: is he man or is he beast? An all-new chapter in the secret origin of one of Marvel's most mysterious characters is revealed starting this November, by superstars Kieron Gillen (YOUNG AVENGERS, IRON MAN) and Adam Kubert (AVENGERS, UNCANNY X-MEN, WOLVERINE)!

Full article here.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Sinister wolf is going to wreck some Bambi's mom scale tragedy, I can tell.

What's up with the lettering? It looks like someone put white boxes over the image in ms paint and then used a text editor to fill them in.
    mod of r/TheDark, for news and discussion of The Dark line and related titles.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Must be a correction of some problem they had with the digital images.

I accidentally got sold the issue yesterday, and I have to say it was great. The acetate cover was actually pretty nifty, better than that Unchained gimmick DC had. In fact I would say this project seems to be the opposite of that one.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Was Sinister delightfully witty, B.K.? He's the only selling point on this project for me.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

It looks interesting but I can honestly say that I don't need to read further about Logan's past after Origin I. It would be very hard to top that, especially the ending.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Possibly collected. It depends on how Gillen weaves Sinister into this. I also hope there is more detail in the art. I love Adam's Wolverine, but either I'm misremembering how good he was or some of this looks rushed. It pains me to type that, so I will hope the art is wonderful as this mini series continues.

I hated Origin and all the Daniel (NO) Way stuff that came after, so another reason I'm on the fence.

On the upswing: Gillen and Kubert.

And I do love Gillen's Sinister, so my curosity might override any previous misgivings.

BTW, Skottie Young Variant Cover is hilarious.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I got thrown off by the red markings. He looks very Ripclaw there.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Logan does wax, even in the wilderness.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    Possibly collected. It depends on how Gillen weaves Sinister into this. I also hope there is more detail in the art. I love Adam's Wolverine, but either I'm misremembering how good he was or some of this looks rushed. It pains me to type that, so I will hope the art is wonderful as this mini series continues.

I hated Origin and all the Daniel (NO) Way stuff that came after, so another reason I'm on the fence.

On the upswing: Gillen and Kubert.

And I do love Gillen's Sinister, so my curosity might override any previous misgivings.

BTW, Skottie Young Variant Cover is hilarious.
    Kubert does everything extremely well... except, his Wolverine has looked better. But Frank Martin is thankfully a lot better than whoever did the colors in the first story.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Preview looks good. cant wait till Christmas eve to get mine. Im on the fence about the involvment of both Sinister and Sabretooth this early in his life. Way already screwed creeds first meeting with Logan in Origins and now Sinister. but ill see how Gillian handles the story
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

If anyone can write a good Wolverine at this point, it's probably Gillen, but I'm mostly just excited for Sinister and Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Logan does wax, even in the wilderness.
    Lol! Totally didn't notice this but now that you've drawn attention to it... I guess he is putting them claws to good use.

I was already sold on this book when I heard that Kieron Gillen was writing it. As much as I like Bendis, I still miss Gillen's unique touch on the X-books. So I'm really happy to see him back, even if it is only a mini. Wolverine's past has been explored and scrutinized to death, but that doesn't mean it can't still be awesome. He's been so watered down in recent years now that he's a teacher that I'm all for a story that highlights his primal nature.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

It looks amazing! I'm very excited!