Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Paul Rudd Reportedly Negotiating "Ant-Man" Deal

Following weeks of rumors, "Anchorman" actor Paul Rudd is reportedly in "early negotiations" for the title role in Marvel Studios' "Ant-Man."

Full article here.

so it is a comedy

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so it is a comedy
    The fact that it's directed by Edgar Wright should've been enough to deduce that (and Rudd is actually pretty versatile).
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

"Ant-Man," directed by Edgar Wright and written by Wright and Joe Cornish, has a scheduled release date of July 13, 2015. The film has been in development with Wright since 2016.
    When did Wright master time travel? If he's from 2016 shouldn't he already know who he's casting?
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Hopefully whoever gets the job will do a good job, and hopefully they will stay with the role for any continued appearances.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    The fact that it's directed by Edgar Wright should've been enough to deduce that (and Rudd is actually pretty versatile).
    From your mouth to God's ears, lol! Seriously though, I agree that he can effortlessly move back and forth as either a comedic or dramatic actor.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Paul Rudd as Ant-Man sounds awesome. However, I don't really like Rashida Jones as Wasp. Rashida Jones is quite good at playing the boring girl. I really don't want to watch a movie in which Wasp is just a boring female counterpart for Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    didn't pay attention to the director, just slightly surprised Marvel would go in this direction. I mean all the MCU movies have comedy in an aciton/comedy summer movie sort of way, but not what I was expecting for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by willforthrill View Post
    Paul Rudd as Ant-Man sounds awesome. However, I don't really like Rashida Jones as Wasp. Rashida Jones is quite good at playing the boring girl. I really don't want to watch a movie in which Wasp is just a boring female counterpart for Ant-Man.
    Rashida Jones is a great actress, cute and funny. Janet Van Dyne has always been like that IMO.
    Thunderbolts, New Warriors, and Magneto.

Green Lantern Honor Guard Green_Lantern_2814.4's Avatar

Now, if only he was going to be in Avengers 2

Edgar Wright has already said that this movie will have some comedic elements, but that it's NOT a straight up comedy. In other words, it's just like all of the other Marvel Studios films in that regard. Rudd is an actor, his job is to play different kinds of roles and characters.

I just keep thinking about Green Lantern, and how playing to Ryan Reynold's strength turned the character from a relatively heroic type into an immature goofball.
    Mario Di Giacomo

Following weeks of rumors...another rumor.

still negotiating?

BANNED

Wtf, is Rashida Jones a yellabone or something?