Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default The Matchups for this round

Match 1
    Thanos Classic TEAM 1
    Bulma (Dragonball Evolution)
    Jing(Naked Weapon) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEvMO6FyZxI
    Rock Lee (Live Action Naruto Shippuden): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6mSdpMJCdc
    Milo (Fringe) - Math=Death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsubJyaHSMw
    Mike Fukanaga (Super Ninjas)

VS
    Stigma Rex Team2
    Rodney McKay (Stargate Atlantis)
    John Reese (Person of Interest)
    Malcolm Renoylds (Firefly)
    Katniss Everdeen (the hunger games)
    Professor Moriarty (Game of Shadows)

Match 2
    VyceSyn Team 2
    Nick Fury (MCU)
    Richard Langely (The Lone Gunmen)
    Black Scorpion(Black Scorpion)
    Lara Croft (Tome Raider movies))
    Buckaroo Banzai(The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension)

vs
    Dalek Team 1
    Seven of Nine (Star Trek)
    The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy - Doctor Who)
    Booker (Chuck Norris - Expendables 2)
    Chiun (Remo Williams)
    Black Dynamite (Black Dynamite Movie)

Match 3
    Moonknight11 Team 2
    Legolas (LOTR)
    Mr. Spock (Quinto)
    The Original Predator (Predator)
    Cha Tae-sik (The Man From Nowhere)
    Wolverine (The Wolverine, Adamantium Clawed)

Vs
    The DogTeam 1
    Doctor Who (David Tennant)
    Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    Batman (Michael Keaton)
    Agent Phil Coulson (Agents of SHIELD)
    Nameless (Hero)

Match 4
    ObaDiah Horn Team 2
    Jango Fett (Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones)
    James Bond (Daniel Craig)
    Walter White (breaking Bad)
    A Xenomorph (Alien)
    Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible)

vs
    Cthulhu's Team 1
    Richard B. Riddick (Chronicles of Riddick Series)
    Jack Reacher
    Tony Stark (Circa. Iron Man 3)
    Black Widow (Avengers/Iron Man)
    River Song (Whoniverse)

Match 5
    Jonathan8572 Team 1
    Colonel John Matrix(Commando)
    Staff Sergeant Nantz(Battle LA)
    Rambo, John J.(First Blood movies)
    Adrian Monk(Monk)
    -James Bond(Roger Moore)

vs
    Dalek Team 2
    Rassilon (Timothy Dalton - Doctor Who)
    Spock (Star Trek: Nimoy in his prime)
    Pai Mei (Executioners from Shaolin/Shaolin Abbot)
    Tuvok (Star Trek)
    Remo Williams (Remo Williams)

Match 6
    Cthulhu's Team 2
    Melinda May (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D)
    Eddie Morra (Limitless)
    The Punisher (2004 Punisher)
    Batman (Adam West)
    Marv (Sin City)

vS
    Jonathan8572 Team 2:
    Ra's(Batman Begins)
    The Joker(The Dark Knight)
    -Dr. Gregory House(House)
    -MacGuyver(80s tv show)
    Bullseye(Daredevil)

Match 7
    Obadiah Horn Team 1
    James Bond (Pierce Brosnan)
    The Bride (Kill Bill)
    Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom)
    Zhuge Liang (Red Cliff)
    Jason Bourne (The Bourne Ultimatum)

Vs
    KJ Stewart Team 2
    The Master (Whoniverse)
    Emil Blonsky (MCU)
    Victor Von Doom (Fantastic Four Movies)
    Ozymandias (Watchmen)
    Red Skull (MCU)

Match 8
    KJ Stewart Team 1
    The Doctor (Whoniverse)
    Batman (Nolanverse)
    Reed Richards (Fantastic Four Movies)
    Wesley Wyndham-Pryce (Buffyverse)
    Captain America (MCU)

vs
    Moonknight11 Team 1:
    Khan (Star Trek: Into Darkness)
    Malcolm Merlyn (Arrow)
    James Bond (Connery)
    Scar (AVP)
    Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Finale)
    Last edited by obadiah horn; 12-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Obadiah, just to make sure it's not missed;

I opted to swap Hawkeye for Eddie Morra in this scenario.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Strats for the Cube (Still looking on info about the Ender's Game/Coming up with ideas)

I think my team can succeed in the Cube quite easy. Subbing in the Black Scorpion and there is a team of variety of skills and intellect put together. Each of them are high intellects in their own right or know how to deal with traps of sorts in their professions i.e Fury and Croft. We do have an even greater advantage in "Ringo" there, Langley. He has been noted to be very familiar with odds and ends of various fictional films and TV shows of this particular genre. In other words it is probable he has seen the film at one point and thus can help contend with anything the Cube might try in terms of the movie itself! Even if that were not the case a considerable amount of scientific genius there in each of them and I see no reason why not one of them could not make it through the Cube alive.

Battle Room strat to be coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Much thanks for the clarification, but I have one more question: Is the cube itself off-limits to being ravaged for tech? By that I mean once outside, are they not allowed to start taking it apart? I'd prefer not honestly, but that's up to you.
    So I don't make the mistake of assuming 'Yes' when no answer was given, I'm reposing the question: Is the cube available to be torn apart and used for prep? I've got a strategy ready in my head but I'd rather not post it til this gets answered.

E: I just thought of another question - Are the Comm Badges that all star fleet folks wear gone with the Tricorders as well? They are capable of nothing more than communicating on their own.
    Last edited by Dalak; 12-20-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

BANNED

Not really in a suitable situation to sit and write a strat. Will do tomorrow.

May teams will casually get through the cube without even trying to hard. Team one has Adrian Monk, the guy who cant even help but to see every detail of every situation. Team two has the Joker and Dr. House, both of whom figure out out complex scenarios for the fun of it. And then theres MacGuyver who can make anything he wants out of just about anything laying around.

BANNED

I have one question, then I'll write my strat:

There are people saying "my team easily make it through the cube" and then only referencing a couple of intelligent team members...

For the first part of the cube, when they're all in five separate rooms, can they communicate with each other?

Sorry spent the first part of the weekend finishing up christmas shopping and the like but to answer the couple questions I neglected

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So I don't make the mistake of assuming 'Yes' when no answer was given, I'm reposing the question: Is the cube available to be torn apart and used for prep? I've got a strategy ready in my head but I'd rather not post it til this gets answered.

E: I just thought of another question - Are the Comm Badges that all star fleet folks wear gone with the Tricorders as well? They are capable of nothing more than communicating on their own.
    Sure the parts of the cube can be disassembled and re conditioned if thats what you you want to do for your prep. Just put the outcome in your strategy cause I cant see how useful that would be

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post

There are people saying "my team easily make it through the cube" and then only referencing a couple of intelligent team members...

For the first part of the cube, when they're all in five separate rooms, can they communicate with each other?
    Yeah I don't think they read the first part where the team is separated cause looking at team line ups I didn't see a single team that would make it through to the first movement completely in tact. But then again thats why we have the strategies right to convince the voters of what we might not see.

To answer both you and Daleks second questions they do not have any communication outside of what is on their person. So the Start Trek characters will have their communicators and Avengers will have those non existent earpieces they used to talked to eachother in Avengers. However only the applicable character has them so I don't know how useful they would be in the beginning. So while Spock would have one Remo doesn't so they still couldn't talk to eachother until they both make it to the second room.

I'll post the voting thread Monday I know there is a lot going on this week and next so I'll give this round a bit more time

BANNED

Identical case-stating arguments X2 (well, in all honesty, this is my teams' kind of round - it's the kind of thing I had in mind when I made these teams)...

Match 7
    Obadiah Horn Team 1
    The Bride (Kill Bill)
    Zhuge Liang (Red Cliff)
    Vs
    KJ Stewart Team 2
    The Master (Whoniverse)
    Emil Blonsky (MCU)
    Ozymandias (Watchmen)
    Red Skull (MCU)

The Master, Doom, Ozymandias and Red Skull definitely get through by virtue of being intelligent, tactical, deductive geniuses. Blonsky is the only "maybe", but by virtue of being a military leader (a leader of special ops tactical teams put in charge of pursuing the classified Hulk case, nonetheless), he's not exactly stupid.

That said, we'll assume nobody buys him getting through and stick with the genius quartet of the Master, Doom, Ozymandias and Red Skull.

We have prep. With the Master... with Doom.... with Ozymandias... and Red Skull.

The Master rivals the Doctor for prep - enough said. This version of Doom was the one who discovered what the source of the Silver Surfer's power was and was entrusted with studying the Surfer's board (which he understood) and was the one who designed the Tachyon pulse device that separated the Surfer from his board. Ozymandias designed the Intrinsic Field Subtracter that broke Doctor Manhattan in to atoms. And Red Skull is the mastermind who planned to overthrow Hitler after masterminding a scheme to gain a key place in his army, the man who could see beyond appearances and managed to see the truth behind myths believed to be superstition, in reality fragments of Asgardian origin, and the man who had the technological know-how to know he could make weapons with the Tesseract.

Hell, the Master with prep could DESTROY the other team on his own. He could turn the cube into drones of his own and make them in to absolute monsters, for example. No one comes close to him on the other team. With three other geniuses alongside him - two of whom (Red Skull, Ozymandias) are also very capable fighters, if it comes down to it - should defeat them with utter ease. The cube could be turned in to machines that smash people in to atoms, for example.

And that's without Blonsky who, frankly, could probably make it to the final fight as well (but really isn't needed).

--------------------------

Match 8
    KJ Stewart Team 1
    The Doctor (Whoniverse)
    Batman (Nolanverse)
    Reed Richards (Fantastic Four Movies)
    Wesley Wyndham-Pryce (Buffyverse)
    Captain America (MCU)
    Vs
    Moonknight11 Team 1
    Khan (Star Trek: Into Darkness)
    Malcolm Merlyn (Arrow)
    James Bond (Connery)
    Scar (AVP)
    Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Finale)

The Doctor, Reed Richards, Batman and Wesley Wyndham-Pryce definitely get through by virtue of being extremely intelligent and deductive. Captain America is the only "maybe", but by virtue of being a leader of men who devises precise military tactics that helped to defeat an alien race and, in his first movie, saved the entire Eastern seaboard, he's not exactly stupid.

That said, we'll assume nobody buys him getting through and stick with the genius quartet of the Doctor, Reed, Batman and Wesley.

We have prep. With the Doctor... with Reed Richards... with Batman.... and Wesley Wyndham-Pryce.

THIS Doctor was capable of hacking in to an alien spaceship using a god-damn iPhone. Imagine what he can do here. Reed Richards created flying transport, weaponry, tracking devices and monitoring devices etc. Batman brings stealth, tactical genius, weapon creation and usage expertise. Wesley Wyndham-Pryce could bring the magic mojo.

Hell, the Doctor with prep could DESTROY the other team on his own. The guy constantly turned tech against people (hell, THIS Doctor turned a Spoonhead version of himself in to something that acted and spoke like him in a few moments. It could even ride a frigging motorbike - imagine what he can do with the cube). With Batman, Wes and Reed backing him up (two of whom are capable fighters in their own right), this should be an easy, easy, easy victory.

And that's without Cap who, frankly, could probably make it to the final fight as well (but really isn't needed).
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 12-21-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post

Actually, to answer here and since it's answered on the bottom posts as well, not one of my team is left lacking in terms of intellect or puzzle solving. Fury has experience dealing with large scaled needs of info and figuring things like some of these traps you'd expect of a spymaster to know these things. Langley, again, is a pop culture wiz. If he doesn't get through his part of the Cube via his intelligence alone he will certainly know of the how the Cube works as it's the sort of film he would have watched as a fanboy of sci-fi and fantasy genres. The Black Scorpion has been suggested to be almost a female equivalent to the fav Dark Knight himself although her show was a little campy; she still has the skills to pass the Cube part herself. Lara is a puzzle solver on her own and is use to various traps on the places she's been in the movies. Buckaroo is a physicist of high caliber and in the movie is actually the one the government turns to to solve high ended world wide problems. Not one of them I see having issues with the Cube by themselves. At most Langely might posses the physicality to avoid the traps themselves but I'm basing on his knowledge of pop culture to see him through if they are dealing with the same traps as in the movie itself.

:Edit: Not placing the lash on you personally any just to say that not all of those saying their intelligent characters are getting through are blowing hot air. I assumed them to be separated but maybe it's not written properly enough to show that?? Anyway still have no ideas on the Battle Room...knew I should have read that bloody series when I seen it at the library...
    Last edited by vycesyn; 12-21-2013 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vycesyn View Post
    Actually, to answer here and since it's answered on the bottom posts as well, not one of my team is left lacking in terms of intellect or puzzle solving. Fury has experience dealing with large scaled needs of info and figuring things like some of these traps you'd expect of a spymaster to know these things. Langley, again, is a pop culture wiz. If he doesn't get through his part of the Cube via his intelligence alone he will certainly know of the how the Cube works as it's the sort of film he would have watched as a fanboy of sci-fi and fantasy genres. The Black Scorpion has been suggested to be almost a female equivalent to the fav Dark Knight himself although her show was a little campy; she still has the skills to pass the Cube part herself. Lara is a puzzle solver on her own and is use to various traps on the places she's been in the movies. Buckaroo is a physicist of high caliber and in the movie is actually the one the government turns to to solve high ended world wide problems. Not one of them I see having issues with the Cube by themselves. At most Langely might posses the physicality to avoid the traps themselves but I'm basing on his knowledge of pop culture to see him through if they are dealing with the same traps as in the movie itself.

:Edit: Not placing the lash on you personally any just to say that not all of those saying their intelligent characters are getting through are blowing hot air. I assumed them to be separated but maybe it's not written properly enough to show that?? Anyway still have no ideas on the Battle Room...knew I should have read that bloody series when I seen it at the library...
    Nah I wasn't saying that the teams in question don't have more intelligent members than those mentioned, I was merely saying that people saying that their entire teams get through reminded me to ask that particular question for my own strategy/debate purposes.

It merely reminded me of something that I personally needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by obadiah horn View Post
    The team member themselves can bring in whatever equipment they could come up with during the prep period but they can not outfit the drones.
    This is good to know, the drones can't be touched. It would also probably be a good thing to remind folks that the only feats granted to characters with multiple actors are what they've directly shown.

Sorry spent the first part of the weekend finishing up christmas shopping and the like but to answer the couple questions I neglected

Sure the parts of the cube can be disassembled and re conditioned if thats what you you want to do for your prep. Just put the outcome in your strategy cause I cant see how useful that would be

To answer both you and Daleks second questions they do not have any communication outside of what is on their person. So the Start Trek characters will have their communicators and Avengers will have those non existent earpieces they used to talked to eachother in Avengers. However only the applicable character has them so I don't know how useful they would be in the beginning. So while Spock would have one Remo doesn't so they still couldn't talk to eachother until they both make it to the second room.
    Thanks for the answers, as for why the Communicators are useful: they are power-sources and spare parts. Not quite as useful as if the Cube was off-limits, but still useful.

Yeah I don't think they read the first part where the team is separated cause looking at team line ups I didn't see a single team that would make it through to the first movement completely in tact. But then again thats why we have the strategies right to convince the voters of what we might not see.
    Yeah, but then it's a good thing that I have people who can logically determine the use of the less intelligent members on one team, and the other has The Doctor who is not going to leave anyone behind if he can avoid it. In-Character they have good reasons for not abandoning folks, and have the skills necessary to get them out of their rooms should they not be able to on their own.

Now as for my teams, with Time Lords and Trek-Techies on both teams and the above reasoning I've got all team-members coming through for both.

Team 1 has The Doctor and Seven for tech, and since she knows how the alien harvested her nanoprobes and they have the Doctor and the Cube to make an easy storage receptacle, they are going to use something Seven has done on screen - Put in the implants that bond The Collective together. As Seven knows many ways to recalibrate them, and the Doctor can expand on that easily even without Eccleston's feat of reprogramming Nanogenes (Airborne Nanoprobes essentially) there should be no question this can be done without excess being made. With those linking all the characters together and giving them access to the minds and skills of the others, and they'll get several days to practice getting used to them. Even without The Cube itself being modified in the slightest, The Doc can make another Phaser - With the Cube he can outfit everyone with ones he's 'tweaked' and much more. Booker alone can use his insane aim and stealth to be a sniper, but with Black Dynamite in on the action that alone should be a win. That doesn't get into how well this Doctor uses manipulation and long-term strategies to foil his enemies and make his own people do more than they would normally, Booker's obvious military skills, and Black Dynamites ability to lead an army of 'Kung Fu Bitches' as well as his own friends to save The Community.

Team 2 has Rassilon - The originator of Time Lord time travel & maker of many Time Lord artifacts, Spock (Nuff Said), and Tuvak who is the tactical officer on Voyager and has his own knack for strategy, technology, and tactics. Once again I can outfit everyone with Phasers, but this time they can be amped by the technology in Rassilon's gauntlet increasing their power to an unknown factor beyond The Doctor's tinkering. Pai Mei and Remo can examine the drones with the help of 1 of the techies and determine weak spots that can be exploited, and determine how well they can be used to Fight physically. Again, that is not considering anything that can be made from the Cube by 2 Trekkies and a very smart Time Lord. Personal units that diffuse any un-phased energy beams slightly so they aren't lethal is just one example I can come up with that won't break any rules or is too far from any On-Screen feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Match 4
    ObaDiah Horn Team 2
    Jango Fett (Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones)
    James Bond (Daniel Craig)
    Walter White (breaking Bad)
    A Xenomorph (Alien)
    Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible)

vs
    Cthulhu's Team 1
    Richard B. Riddick (Chronicles of Riddick Series)
    Jack Reacher
    Tony Stark (Circa. Iron Man 3)
    Black Widow (Avengers/Iron Man)
    River Song (Whoniverse)
    In the first match I see Ethan, Walter, Bond and possibly Fett making it through. Jango seemed to be pretty forward thinking and as an interplanetary bounty hunter he has to be pretty observant and logical.

Going through I think the team they are facing has a pretty good shot of getting Jack Tony and Black Widow through. Im not sure about song as Im not familiar with them. There team is going to be a bitch with Tony on prep but in the movie verse his prep seems to be more weapon based as opposed to strategy. I mean he told the Mandarin where to attack him and them was caught unsuspecting. Ethan is a master at misdirection and team strategy as well as using the environment to his advantage. Walter has a his knowledge of chemistry to help design some poison based missiles and Bond well quite honestly hes not to much of an asset in the prep with the exception to being highly adaptable to new weaponry and surroundings. I would think between the four of them they would be able to reverse engineer Jango's Jet pack and grappling wire to give the team increased mobility in the battle room. I would have Walter as the Leader since he's most likely going to be the least effective with a weapon and adjusting to zero G I think once in battle my teams would fire some poison based explosives to the other side of the battle room making the other team leave defensive positions and come to our side which thanks to the planning of Ethan and Walter will be full of traps and ambushes Jango will lead an offensive team to clean up the survivors of the ambushes and Bonds team will sneak their way around back to prevent any retreat and seal the victory

Match 7
    Obadiah Horn Team 1
    The Bride (Kill Bill)
    Zhuge Liang (Red Cliff)

Vs
    KJ Stewart Team 2
    The Master (Whoniverse)
    Emil Blonsky (MCU)
    Ozymandias (Watchmen)
    Red Skull (MCU)

This match is a lot tougher for my team but luckily I should have 4 that make it through and one of which happens to be one of the greatest strategist of all time. What my team lack however is tech. Jason and Bond should be able to rig a few conventional weapon additions but as it comes to equipment we should be significantly outmatched. This is where my strategists comes in Bond routinely infiltrates heavily armed compounds. Bourne goes on on one with the United States military and Indy always found himself in over his head. Kongming's best feat is probably
    defeating an army of over a million men in one evening. With Zhuge taking the Field Leader position my team would play into the other teams sense of over confidence and the fact that I don't see Red Skull Doom and the Master working to well together. Hell all of their weaknesses except Ozy is hubris, over confidence and pride. I'm banking on each team leader going into the battle making their own plan of attack and my groups working as a larger team picking them off one at a time. the one thing Born and Bond both have in the way of technical feats is the ability to hack communications so that would be their focus interrupting and relaying false communication to the other teams communicators. Given the ego on some of KJ's side I don't think that communication devices would be a concern of theirs to begin with.

They would plant seeds of Dissent through out the team and hopefully draw the other teams into the formation traps Zhuge has set up similar to his 8 gates formation being that Red Skull and Doom seem to more often than not rely on brute force rather than long term machinations I see them both going down in short order near the beginning of the fight while in the process losing only Indy. Then My remaining members would make a feigned attempt of a forward assault at Ozymandias Seeing how he is a more patient pragmatic sort he probably would be expecting a trap and would lay in wait for my team to think the tide has turned as he deployed his counter measures my team would retreat after sacrificing bond most likely and would then turn around flank Ozy as he surged forward towards concieved victory then its Bourne and Zhuge Vs the Master Zhuge made his career on getting in the heads of other strategist even to the point where one died due to the ulcer caused by worrying about Kongmings scheming. he eventually draws the master out with his taunts and Bourne snipes him victory attained.