Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Carey's Return Sends the "X-Men" to a World with "No More Humans"

Mike Carey returns to the X-Men with "No More Humans," a graphic novel where humanity suddenly vanish from the planet, and spoke to CBR about the project.

Full article here.

Raze forms his own Brotherhood

everyone start making lists
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Ugh. They lost me at Raze.

Eh. I'm willing to give Carey a chance to make Raze at least readable. I would have bet dollars to donuts that no one could salvage Whedon's crap concepts and original characters, but later writers (mainly Gillen) managed to do so.

A guy who loves comics Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Well, it's hard to get past the fact that Rogue just died ... That was kind of devastating and extremely upsetting for me personally.
    I said in one of the Uncanny Avengers boards that Carey was probably pissed about Rogue dying, and it looks like I was pretty close to the mark. Blasted Remender...

At any rate, I can't wait for this. Carey's my second favorite X-Writer ever (behind Claremont but ahead of Morrison), and I'm simply stoked that he's coming back to the X-Men, even if it's in a limited capacity.

As for Raze, it seemed like he (as well as the rest of the future X-Men from BOTA) got so little development that Carey's almost getting a blank slate to work with. Seriously, the only characteristics the character has right now are A) he's the child of Wolverine and Mystique and B) he's all about mutants rights at the expense of humans. There's just not that much else there. So that can only help the character and the book overall, as far as I'm concerned.

Looking forward to it!
    What else can I say but, "I love comics."

CBR News: Mike, you've been away from Marvel Comics and the X-Universe for about two years, and a lot has changed in your absence. As a writer, which of those developments from the past two years has intrigued you most?

Writer Mike Carey returns to the X-Men in 2014 with the "X-Men: No More Humans original graphic novel
    Mike Carey: Well, it's hard to get past the fact that Rogue just died. [Laughs] That was kind of devastating and extremely upsetting for me personally. It was a very powerful story though.

So a Gentelman :( Its obvious he will get her back in XMen Legacy v3
    All Grunge X-men by Bendis and Bachalo pls :c

So X-women doesn't count as an original graphic novel anymore?

This sounds dull.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Ugh, Raze? The only good thing that came out of Wolverine's balls was Daken, why not use him when he's practically identical to Raze?

Still, I guess Carey can make something happen, even with someone that bland.

Exodus and his acoyltes will likely form razes brotherhood

Mike Carey is full on mensch! He needs to write Rogue's Resurrection like yesterday!
    Farewell hair icon and glove model Anna Marie Sugah Stackhouse Darkholme O’Hara, better known as Rogue. You will be missed.

I must be weak but reading that this is definitely a what if (not that I thought it could have been anything else) I am now really tempted again. Hope it is better than the last Marvel OGN and isn't packed with reprint stuff like those season one things.
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

He sounded so upset about his waifu dying. I bet he is going to use Mags to angst about it on panel, if that has happened yet when this has taken place I guess, haha.

Though is this going to have any effect on the current stories? It is obviously happening in continuity with X-23 already on the team apparently, but I guess everything is going to resolve itself before the OGN ends. Don't really know what to make of all this.

Love that he's writing Iceman being involved.. he wrote a good one in his stint on X-Men.

I love how he loves Rogue.

Carey: Going back to your cameos question, the cameos are restricted to other mutants. We do meet a couple of humans, but our supporting cast is pretty much all mutants. Iceman is in the mix a lot. So is Beast. Rachel Grey. *cough* Rogue *cough*. Some of the students from both schools...

So it's official: Rogue is back
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU