Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: All-New Invaders #1

This January, All-New Marvel NOW! heads to the battlefront, and today Marvel is pleased to present your first look at ALL-NEW INVADERS #1 from Eisner Award-Winning writer James Robinson and blockbuster artist Steve Pugh! In a bid to conquer the universe, the Kree Empire has discovered a way to weaponize Norse Gods. It falls to Brothers-in-arms Captain America, The Winter Soldier, Namor, and The Original Human Torch to re-band for a different kind of war. One that will force them to face the future and save the Earth from the Kree Empire.

Full preview here.

Mountaineers Are Always FREE! Give me Liberty...

As thrilled as I am to see the Invaders--the ORIGINAL Invaders--with a new book; I've just got one question: Where's Toro? Buck and Toro were brothers-in-arms so much so that Buck was responsible for bringing Toro back. I hope this might be answered in story...
    Nonetheless, I am seriously getting this book!!
    CaptainLiberty76

"The LESS some people know the MORE stubbornly they know it!"

"That which does not KILL us only serves to make us STRONGER!"

Too bad they couldn't get the real Captain America and were forced to use the impostor with the bad costume.

Seriously, I've stopped buying all appearances if this faux Captain America who needs a chin-strap.

I think the Marvel NOW Captain America costume is hit-or-miss depending on the artist and I'd say this is in the "miss" category.

Beyond that, the book looks fun. Definitely picking it up.

I hope this guy James Robinson knows what he's doing.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Woooww.. can someone please turn down the brightness of the colours?

I soooo want to get this, but my hesitation is that this is a high-profile property like Earth-2, Justice Society, Justice League and Superman. What I like about James Robinson's writing is he takes a blank page and fills it. That's what I liked about Starman. He created something there. Since then, he's been continuing. Which is okay, but, I guess I'm old school and I like my Invaders to be World War II Invaders. I might give this a try, but Bucky as Winter Soldier? I might still give it a try, to see where he goes with it. That's my question.

And STILL no Pugh Namor.

I get the feeling I'm going to be disappointed in my Namor obsession yet again.

That said, I do love Pugh's pencils and this looks great! Tanalath looks AWESOME. I think this is the best art I've seen on an Invaders book. The colors ARE vibrant ... but I want to see the whole book, with words, before I decide if they are TOO much.

Really looking forward to his in January!

I remember Robinson saying somewhere that Toro was going to showing up.
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.

BANNED

Definitely hyped for this book. Kree trying to weaponize Norse gods? Sounds like Thor will make an appearance (I hope so).

Will have to see more before I can make a judgement on the art but I am liking what I have seen so far. Really looking forward to this.

For the first time in what seems like forever, I am starting to look forward to a few Marvel books again. And this is one of them.

The art seems a little plain compared to what I'm used to from Pugh, but we'll see.

I like her colt 45, because it makes it look like a Western. The Kree who is possessed, looks like Titania and her Hammer from Fear Itself, or is it Attuma's hammer. That was a phenomenal hammer! I'm not sure where the Kree got this hammer, because the Valkarie placed all of them on the 9 worlds. Can the Kree get to the 9 worlds without the world tree? Fascinating concepts here.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I like her colt 45, because it makes it look like a Western. The Kree who is possessed, looks like Titania and her Hammer from Fear Itself, or is it Attuma's hammer. That was a phenomenal hammer! I'm not sure where the Kree got this hammer, because the Valkarie placed all of them on the 9 worlds. Can the Kree get to the 9 worlds without the world tree? Fascinating concepts here.
    Although it might be of a similar shape to the ones you mentioned, it is far more likely to be variant of Ronan's hammer since she is from a different part of Kree hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Although it might be of a similar shape to the ones you mentioned, it is far more likely to be variant of Ronan's hammer since she is from a different part of Kree hierarchy.
    Yes. It could look like Ronan hammer at that.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Kree Empire has discovered a way to weaponize Norse Gods
    WTH is this?
    Arent the Asgardian already weapons and they kick the Krees ass.

Whats going on here?