Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Hopeless Looks Back on "Cable and X-Force"

Writer Dennis Hopeless joins X-Position prior to the "Vendetta" crossover with "Uncanny X-Force" to look back on his time with "Cable and X-Force."

Full article here.

Looking forward to Hope-Bishop-Cable dynamic. I hope they make it into the All new x force.

Puck and boom boom has officially piqued my interest mr. hopless

Filip looks forward to Avengers Undercover.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

I wish I'd have thought to ask him if he'd have preferred his book go out with a bang, on it's own terms, as opposed to attached to the festering pile of shit Humphries UXF is...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I wish I'd have thought to ask him if he'd have preferred his book go out with a bang, on it's own terms, as opposed to attached to the festering pile of shit Humphries UXF is...
    Good question. C&XF is SO much better than UXF it's ridiculous. Thiks article just reminds, like I was forgetting anyway, how much I'm gonna miss it. I guess this is what I can expect from Marvel from now on...

For every interview I read that doesn't tell me where Dominio is going, I die a little more inside.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    For every interview I read that doesn't tell me where Dominio is going, I die a little more inside.
    Come here to say that. I feel you bro.
    Magneto, Cyke, Gambit, Psylocke, Green Arrow, Winter Soldier, Sinestro.

Cyclops was right.
    Green Arrow is the best book on the market

I'd love to see Hopeless writing another x book. Perhaps not an x force style one, I think his strengths are that he's a really good character writer and he's funny. I think CaXF was at it's weakest at the very start when the tone was grimmest, and it improved massively from there. And honestly Piotr and Domino was one of the first x couples I've seen any chemistry between in a while.

Maybe extreme x men, or x men legacy, or even a solo. I'm not a great fan of several of the x writers around at the moment, so it's a shame to see one I liked going.

One of Marvel's top five series in Now! - the only X-book I'd place on that list and possibly my personal favorite. Hopeless completely understood what to do with this ragtag cast of castaway characters, and he did it extremely well. I'd welcome him back to the X-titles with open arms anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Indeed. She's the main reason I picked the title up to begin with. Colossus was a close second...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I agree with this sooo much. Humphries is such a hack it's scary.
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Consistently enjoyed this book. The story moved every issue without sacrificing characterization and it was always fun even in it's more frustrating moments (Collosux). Also, Hope got a solo issue.

Humphries book was good in the latter half. It's a shame they saddled it with the X-force name, it hurt both titles.

Good bye to two very mediocre books. Not worthy of the Remender X-Force run at all. These were duds and Marvel knew it. Voiceless, directionless. Not sad to see these go at all.

Cable and X-Force was an enjoyable book IMO, but I do agree that it lacked the gravitas of Uncanny X-Force. If UXF was a great HBO or Showtime series, CaXF was a safe and fun primetime network show. UXF Volume 2, on the other hand, was bad primetime television.

The good news is that Spurrier sounds like he wants to bring some of that weight back to his X-Force title, with some political relevance sprinkled in for good measure.