Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Darabont Sues AMC Over "The Walking Dead" Profits

Former "The Walking Dead" showrunner Frank Darabont has filed a lawsuit against AMC over profits for the successful drama.

Full article here.

$1 500 000 per episode! Kirkman is rich!
    I think Darabont makes a good case even though he asks a bit much by asking for Talking Dead and the spin-off.
    His theory of why he was dismissed sounds solid.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think he has a case for the 1st 2 seasons of the show and money owed to him for that. But he clearly doesn't deserve the money for it from season 3-4 or the spin-off shows . I think he deserves money. But not for all that was listed.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    $1 500 000 per episode! Kirkman is rich!
    I think Darabont makes a good case even though he asks a bit much by asking for Talking Dead and the spin-off.
    His theory of why he was dismissed sounds solid.
    He gets that much per episode?

Personally, I hope he gets a lot of money from AMC, just to teach those greed balls a lesson. AMC has been greed personified over the last few years.

People of Per'elandra MasterPhW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think he has a case for the 1st 2 seasons of the show and money owed to him for that. But he clearly doesn't deserve the money for it from season 3-4 or the spin-off shows . I think he deserves money. But not for all that was listed.
    That's a opinion I completely agree with. He earned his money for the first 2 season, but honestly the first season was nearly 1:1 comic adaption and most of the new stuff, was shitty and the second season only had a few good episodes.
    Season 3, already without him, started strong, but had a lot bad decisions... but brought a lot more viewers. Already without him.
    And every new episodes introduces characters and stories, he had no influence at all. So I ask him and the court: why should they pay him for that? Or for the talk show? Or the Spin off? Most of the stuff is based on Kirkmans work, not Darabond! I like that guy and his stuff, but he behaves like a little brat.
    "I waaaaant myyy moneyyyy! Giv' iiiiit to meeeeee!"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW View Post
    That's a opinion I completely agree with. He earned his money for the first 2 season, but honestly the first season was nearly 1:1 comic adaption and most of the new stuff, was shitty and the second season only had a few good episodes.
    Season 3, already without him, started strong, but had a lot bad decisions... but brought a lot more viewers. Already without him.
    And every new episodes introduces characters and stories, he had no influence at all. So I ask him and the court: why should they pay him for that? Or for the talk show? Or the Spin off? Most of the stuff is based on Kirkmans work, not Darabond! I like that guy and his stuff, but he behaves like a little brat.
    "I waaaaant myyy moneyyyy! Giv' iiiiit to meeeeee!"
    Probably because it has less than nothing to do with your personal feelings, and everything to do with what's in his contract as the show's creator and original executive producer.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Hasn't the budget of the show been cut almost every season?
    That kind of looks like AMC is trying to actually get some money from the show.

The Walking Dead would have been a much better show had Darabont stayed. He is more talented than Kirkman in my opinion.

Has any aspect of walking dead not had a lawsuit?
    Kirkman got sued by the original artist on the comic, over the tv show.
    Now the former show running is sueing, has anyone sued for toy revenue?

Do we get to sue for the crappy job he did? I mean people seem to forget how badly they screwed up Lori, Shane, Rick, Andrea and Dale's characters.

2007 Mutant League Champion

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Probably because it has less than nothing to do with your personal feelings, and everything to do with what's in his contract as the show's creator and original executive producer.
    He will likely get his 2 seasons as his contract seems to have for him. I can't see how he'd get the spinoffs.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Do we get to sue for the crappy job he did? I mean people seem to forget how badly they screwed up Lori, Shane, Rick, Andrea and Dale's characters.
    Yeah, seeing how the ratings doesn't reflect that, I am guessing.....NO.

Quote Originally Posted by gendry View Post
    The Walking Dead would have been a much better show had Darabont stayed. He is more talented than Kirkman in my opinion.
    Is the show even worse than the horrible first season now?

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Togo View Post
    Personally, I hope he gets a lot of money from AMC, just to teach those greed balls a lesson. AMC has been greed personified over the last few years.
    The only lesson they would learn is never work with Darabont again.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!