Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Remender Creates a New Marvel Universe in "Uncanny Avengers"

Rick Remender talks twists, turns, and deaths in "Uncanny Avengers" as well as his future plans including a planet of mutants and a whole new Marvel Universe.

Full article here.

LOL this is just HoM 2.0.

... asking, like, since Rogue appears in other 25 books, does she really count as dead? Please, and thank you.

I really want to like Remender's storylines, but it's hard when I know these big deaths will just be reversed within a few issues. It's like his signature.

IS this an Elseworlds story? I don't understand. When does this happen? How can all the mutants be on some planet? Where is the Jean Grey School? Weapon X School? All New X-Men? All New X-Factor even? What is the timeline of this? I get I am not supposed to care because this is Marvel but how can anyone take this story seriously if it doesn't align with the whole Marvel Universe? I mean, Marvel has had great success with its cinematic cohesive universe so why isn't the comic one the same? I get the impression that the Mutants will all leave Earth completely so the Inhumans can take over. Ugh I really don't like this crap. The smell of Claremont comics will get me through this until there is a true X-Men team worthy of purchase.

Lol so he bringing back back 60s magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    yeah pretty much, or Age of X(HoM lite) 2.0, or AoA 3.0, or...

Quote Originally Posted by BizzleTheBear View Post
    IS this an Elseworlds story? I don't understand. When does this happen? How can all the mutants be on some planet? Where is the Jean Grey School? Weapon X School? All New X-Men? All New X-Factor even? What is the timeline of this? I get I am not supposed to care because this is Marvel but how can anyone take this story seriously if it doesn't align with the whole Marvel Universe? I mean, Marvel has had great success with its cinematic cohesive universe so why isn't the comic one the same? I get the impression that the Mutants will all leave Earth completely so the Inhumans can take over. Ugh I really don't like this crap. The smell of Claremont comics will get me through this until there is a true X-Men team worthy of purchase.
    Its actually simple if you think about it.#18 jumps in time, there is no alternate reallity. Timeis involved I'm sure by the end of #25 after 'plaent x' and skrullslaught kang will be involved and tine will be reset some. Which is why it feels disconnected. It will make srnse at the end of the story
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    yeah pretty much, or Age of X(HoM lite) 2.0, or AoA 3.0, or...
    Age of Apocalypse 4.0...

AoA
    HoM
    AoX
    Uncanny Avengers Planet X.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ishmael View Post
    ... asking, like, since Rogue appears in other 25 books, does she really count as dead? Please, and thank you.
    Well she is in nothing right now. Yeah she has a Legacy anniversary story, The Marvel Knights thing, current star of the Ultimate X-men and maybe a guest spot in Avengers AI, but none of that takes place in 616 current timeline. She was actually removed from X-Men so she could die for a year in UA. *awful*
    Farewell hair icon and glove model Anna Marie Sugah Stackhouse Darkholme O’Hara, better known as Rogue. You will be missed.

Besides the atrocious Red Skull arc, this has been a solid comic. I really wish they had double shipped the first part of this comic so we could be farther along and really see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by BizzleTheBear View Post
    Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff. It will make sense at the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Age of Apocalypse 4.0...

AoA
    HoM
    AoX
    Shouldn't it all begin with DoFP or something?

Looks to me like, as much as many of the mutants have been through, they'd be hard as hell. I'd think time and circumstances would effect the way they think about Xavier's "dream"...

"One of the things we've seen in this series is that, as time has progressed, Wanda has realized that Simon is the human version of the Vision. He's the Vision with the human frailties and failings."

Wow, no. Vision became very different from Simon for different reasons like not having his childhood, living in a synthetic body, live a different life ..

Vision has human frailties and failings. Simon also. If he talks about the body, then Simon is much worse because it is immortal. lol But he forgets that Simon is infertile, as well as vision.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Age of Apocalypse 4.0...

AoA
    HoM
    AoX

LOL.

I do like the redesign for Magneto. If he sported that look in his solo title, I'd pick that up. As it stands, I'll pass on both. This due to Remender, solo due to art and character design.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?