Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lapham's "Stray Bullets" Hits Target at Image Comics

David Lapham discusses resurrecting his acclaimed series "Stray Bullets" at Image Comics in March, after a nearly ten-year hiatus.

Full article here.

I've never read Stray Bullets, and I don't read my comics digitally, but since issue's 1-4 of the previous run will be released today for free, I'll check it out, and most likely will pick up the new #1 in March...

Just read the first issue, liked it. I'll be adding this to my pull list for sure.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

One fucking gigantic edition! Yes!
    BB

Fraggin' Bastich

I don't understand. Are they going to reprint the whole first series in a single volume? If so, count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    One fucking gigantic edition! Yes!
    I was buying the El Capitan tpb's because I didn't get in on the ground floor of this series, but only ever saw 1 & 2 solicited. TBP's of vol's 1-8 (some even in HC) that repring 1-32 have been on ebay and amazon for stupid high prices for years! I was hoping they'd reprint STRAY BULLETS in a few volumes and not 1 giant one. I HATE THOSE VOLUMES! You can't take them anywhere. You can't even move them around the house! That's almost 1,000 pages in 1 book! And it will likely run $100 too. I have been wanting this to be collected forever but I'm not happy about having to get this in 1 volume. So help me if I can't read the panels close to the binding I'm going to vomit.

Glad to hear we're getting new stories though and that this book is back on track. I just wish they'd pick a better reprinting format.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by saidestroyer View Post
    I don't understand. Are they going to reprint the whole first series in a single volume? If so, count me in!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    I was buying the El Capitan tpb's because I didn't get in on the ground floor of this series, but only ever saw 1 & 2 solicited. TBP's of vol's 1-8 (some even in HC) that repring 1-32 have been on ebay and amazon for stupid high prices for years! I was hoping they'd reprint STRAY BULLETS in a few volumes and not 1 giant one. I HATE THOSE VOLUMES! You can't take them anywhere. You can't even move them around the house! That's almost 1,000 pages in 1 book! And it will likely run $100 too. I have been wanting this to be collected forever but I'm not happy about having to get this in 1 volume. So help me if I can't read the panels close to the binding I'm going to vomit.

Glad to hear we're getting new stories though and that this book is back on track. I just wish they'd pick a better reprinting format.
    Lapham has said that they'll release regular trades as well.
    BB

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Never heard of this series, but it sounds really interesting and up my alley. I also assume that this series was and will be in B&W right? Cause that'll be a plus for me.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

So, read issue's 1-4, loved it, not a big fan of any comic being in b&w but, this was amazing, each issue's a complete story, but as the story progresses, you can see how they all connect in different ways, good sh!t, I'm looking forward to getting caught up on all the back issue's before #41 & #1 hit in March...

Well damn. I just read issue #2 on the way to work, and it hit me like a steam train. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Lapham has said that they'll release regular trades as well.
    Fantastic news! Thanks a ton Billy!

I'm curious as to how they will release those too. I think once upon a time there was a huge oversized HC slipcase editon for most of the series, then when there were finally tpb's they were more digest sized. Those were what I bought and I was fine with that. So I guess they will either stick with the digest size or go with the regular tpb size. Of course, if I could pick I wouldn't mind those 2 arc HC's that Image often publishes. They look good on the shelf! But I'll take whatever slice of that mammoth edition I can get.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

That was a great series back in the day and I'm glad it's finally wrapping up.

Even better we're getting more !
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Finished the 4 freebie first issues from Comixology. Great stuff, definitely be picking up the collected edition.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agent_graves View Post
    not a big fan of any comic being in b&w
    for shame... for shame...
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I've been a fan since the beginning. Stray bullets is the comic I'm most looking forward to in the new year! Just like astro city was last year!